Dog Stories

Glasseye

17 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Last night, for the first time ever, I went into a bar because of a dog. The bar is Scarlets on Soi Pothole and the dog's name is Mum. She's a soi dog I grew fond of when I used to drink at the now defunct Poom Beer Bar. I thought the owners of Poom had taken her with them when they closed up shop and moved away, so I was surprised when as I was walking by Scarlets, Mum came out to greet me.

When I first saw Mum she was a neglected dog with mange. Very sad to see her in that state, and with a disease that is easily cured with medicated shampoo. This is a picture of her on June 6, 2021.
image.jpeg

The next day I made a trip to a vet clinic and purchased a bottle of medicated shampoo. Not exactly cheap at 700B, but seeing the results three months later it was worth every satang spent. Pic from September 20, 2021.
image.jpeg

After I left Scarlets, Mum followed me up to the next bar and sat with me while I had a drink there. Ladies there had a laugh at my expense asking which bar I barfined her from. She finally left me as I walked along a very busy 3rd Rd. Picture of her from last night, fat and happy.
image.jpeg

Absolute top bloke you are.

The last Soi dog I petted humped my leg, so I'm a bit reluctant now. I mean, I know he was probably grateful for the boneless chicken but that level of affection really wasn't warranted.

• Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

When we first brought Happy, the short haired dog, in off the street, our two other adopted soi dogs wouldn't let him near them. Now they're one big happy pack and in the morning and evening hours I enjoy watching Dtang and Happy have a go at each other. Their skin is certainly made of tougher stuff than us humans.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

When we first brought Happy, the short haired dog, in off the street, our two other adopted soi dogs wouldn't let him near them. Now they're one big happy pack and in the morning and evening hours I enjoy watching Dtang and Happy have a go at each other. Their skin is certainly made of tougher stuff than us humans.

They certainly know how to have fun when they learn to like and repsecpt each other.

And... They will be as tough as a division of marines when defending their territories.

I learned a great deal about dogs throughout my lifetime. But nothing compares to my learning of dog behavior during my couple of years of long stay in Pattaya.

I have to believe the owners of the dogs in this video knew their dogs were aggressive, and knowing that, WTF were they doing walking their dogs off leash on a public path. Fortunately in the video description the biker said his injuries were relatively minor and he was compensated for the damaged riding gear.

BTW, IMHO the rider did the correct thing by stopping and not trying to outrun the dogs. They would have surely chased him and probably brought him down while riding his bike.

• Sad 1
  • Surprised 2

14 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I have to believe the owners of the dogs in this video knew their dogs were aggressive, and knowing that, WTF were they doing walking their dogs off leash on a public path. Fortunately in the video description the biker said his injuries were relatively minor and he was compensated for the damaged riding gear.

BTW, IMHO the rider did the correct thing by stopping and not trying to outrun the dogs. They would have surely chased him and probably brought him down while riding his bike.

I can't even watch this. ^^^

I had a couple of them give me some grief the other day on a ride. I think they were both sniffing after a bitch nearby and they saw me as competition, or just being assholes. 

They were smart enough to realize after some f**k offs and quick pedaling that I wasn't worth the trouble.  

Good thing about it... as they get to know you you're less likely to have further issues.

Dogs are like people in many ways. When you see two or more of them together approach with the mind set that they are less predictable on how they react. 

5 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I can't even watch this. ^^^

I had a couple of them give me some grief the other day on a ride. I think they were both sniffing after a bitch nearby and they saw me as competition, or just being assholes. 

They were smart enough to realize after some f**k offs and quick pedaling that I wasn't worth the trouble.  

Good thing about it... as they get to know you you're less likely to have further issues.

Dogs are like people in many ways. When you see two or more of them together approach with the mind set that they are less predictable on how they react. 

I encounter the occasional dog on my rides. My advice if they give chase is give them the fck offs, but stop pedaling and coast away. The action of you pedaling seems to encourage the chase response; my guess is because the motion of your foot looks like small prey running away to them.

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

I encounter the occasional dog on my rides. My advice if they give chase is give them the fck offs, but stop pedaling and coast away. The action of you pedaling seems to encourage the chase response; my guess is because the motion of your foot looks like small prey running away to them.

That is a point I will ponder.

When I was in H.S. once had a Wolfhound come after me. For some reason he was very agitated. I was moving at a pretty good rate when it was coming for me. It caught up with me alongside. The fcuking thing was as tall as my bike. Scared the crap out of me.

We looked at each other and then suddenly he had this docile expression (as if he realized I wasn't a threat). He stopped, I continued.

It was of those moments of sheer terror that only lasted about 15-20 seconds at most. Followed  by complete puzzlement as to what was going through it's mind.

You make a point, but that s.o.b. wasn't looking at my feet. 

It was one of those fight or flight reactions. I chose flight, it chose not to fight.

Wolfhounds tend to have a pretty mellow attitude compared to some breeds. It could have been ugly though.