Dog Stories

Glasseye

On 1/13/2024 at 10:16 AM, forcebwithu said:

I have a somewhat similar problem getting my dog to move off my side of the bed.

My last dog (Chesapeake Retriver) used to snuggle with me for a bit every night, but I would always throw her off after a little lovin. I'm a light sleeper, my bed has never been a good fit for another (dog or human). And she was a big dog.

When I nudged her off she would always get pissed off. She would automatically do a three or four chase the tail circles along with a couple of barks and pissed off groans. 

The following morning, all forgotten. 

41 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

My last dog (Chesapeake Retriver) used o snuggle with me for a bit every night, but I would always throw her off after a little lovin. I'm a light sleeper, my bed has never been a good fit for another (dog or human). And she was a big dog.

When I nudged her off she would always get pissed off. She would automatically do a three or four chase the tail circles along with a couple of barks and pissed off groans. 

The following morning, all forgotten. 

Mine there was a bit of a training period, and establishing that I was the alpha male in the pack.

Not caught on video was a time when Happy looked he wanted to give me a nip. I quickly put paid to that notion by pinning his head with gentle but firm force to the bed and repeating the command "no".

Now when I come to bed a simple command of "move" gets him up and moving from my side of the bed to my lady's where there's room to curl up and bed down for the night.

I love having dogs, but only dogs that are smart enough to learn and respond to a few simple commands. The big one I teach from early on is "come". A very important command as I don't want to have to chase a dog down to get them to come back to the house.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Mine there was a bit of a training period, and establishing that I was the alpha male in the pack.

Not caught on video was a time when Happy looked he wanted to give me a nip. I quickly put paid to that notion by pinning his head with gentle but firm force to the bed and repeating the command "no".

Now when I come to bed a simple command of "move" gets him up and moving from my side of the bed to my lady's where there's room to curl up and bed down for the night.

I love having dogs, but only dogs that are smart enough to learn and respond to a few simple commands. The big one I teach from early on is "come". A very important command as I don't want to have to chase a dog down to get them to come back to the house.

A very good basic training rule with most dog behavioral issues is making sure they have good daily exercise. Failing to provide is the root of many problems.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a story from many years ago which is of zoological interest, not to be used as erotic reading material by certain BMs who i won't mention by name. 

I was working in a remote location living in a construction camp. We had adopted a camp dog which barked if strangers came to the gate but also chased after a monkey which used to come over the wall scavanging for food.

One day the dog cornered the monkey around the back of the generators and trapped it in a corner, barking and snarling. The monkey made a leap out from the corner and grabbed a pail of waste engine oil that it threw over the dog. 

The amazing thing from then on was that the dog cowered whenever the monkey came near and the monkey even used to jump onto the back of the whimpering dog shagging it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zambo said:

I have a story from many years ago which is of zoological interest, not to be used as erotic reading material by certain BMs who i won't mention by name. 

I was working in a remote location living in a construction camp. We had adopted a camp dog which barked if strangers came to the gate but also chased after a monkey which used to come over the wall scavanging for food.

One day the dog cornered the monkey around the back of the generators and trapped it in a corner, barking and snarling. The monkey made a leap out from the corner and grabbed a pail of waste engine oil that it threw over the dog. 

The amazing thing from then on was that the dog cowered whenever the monkey came near and the monkey even used to jump onto the back of the whimpering dog shagging it. 

Monkey see, dog doo doo

Don't ever fcuk with a monkey.

Yesterday afternoon I rode up to see my meat store buddy and a soi dog pal of mine.

My dog buddy comes running up to me happy as shit to see me. But, tagging along with him was his new buddy (i have never seen this dude before, but he looked reasonable enough). 

As my dog buddy and I were lovin it up, this new fcuk just stands there starring, I couldn't figure if he was just jealous, or what.... But, I thought I give some positive vibe, but he didn't seem to reposonde very well. I gave it and eye like "get the fcuk out or here then". My dog then looked up at me as if to say "don't worry about him. he's a friggen idiot." I laughed and gave him a few more scractches. He was happy, I was happy.

I was then on my way....

Fcuk the other tosser.