I just can't get enough cheap chinese crap.

Butch

this morning, my latest piece of cheap, budget soon to be thrown away chinese crap arrived.

It's a "cree" (LED) torch which has 2 bulbs, one regular and one UV for spotting those "stains" on the bed which I may miss when Mrs Butch is away.

It was an ebay purchase, for the princely sum of £7.92 I'm now the proud owner of one.

s-l140.jpg

I think it offers fantastic value for something that will last no longer than a week.

Other examples of useless Chinese crap I've spunked my hard earned on are:

Multi port charger - lasted a month. £4.85

LED Strip lights - still working and make my daughters bedroom look like the interior of a GoGo bar, but without the benefits of being a GoGo bar. £9.99

Impact wrench with an advertised 1200NM of torque. In that case the wheelnuts on my car must be torqued up to 1300NM as it won't even budge them. That's going to the Philippines, but the battery is interchangeable with my DeWalt imapct gun. Even if does last 5 minutes. I've not tried it in case it catches fire though. £19.50

Earbuds - alledgedly noise cancelling but make music sound like it's being played from a car parked down the street. - £2.85 (didn't expect much tbh)

USB powered fans x 2 . Cool yourself down in the hot months with these plastic USB powered fans which rotate at the same speed as an asthmatic tortoise running a marathon. £0.99 each.

I'll follow up with the decent stuff later.

Anyone else have an unhealthy addiction to keeping China producing cheap and useless copied goods?.

Edited by Butch
  • Haha 4

Thai Tat was a Christmas tradition of mine ,

would look out for the most tasteless, crappy and cheep items I could find on my travels , 

I’d wrap them up put them in a box 

and at Christmas my family and friends would take a lucky dip ,

• Haha 4

I paid £15 for a multiport charger in 2017 , made in China .. still going strong

but I did spend £9 on these lights during Covid ... I was drinking a bit and thought it would be nice to recycle some of the more interesting bottles... I got bored of them after a while 555

IMG_6510.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Butch said:

this morning, my latest piece of cheap, budget soon to be thrown away chinese crap arrived.

It's a "cree" (LED) torch which has 2 bulbs, one regular and one UV for spotting those "stains" on the bed which I may miss when Mrs Butch is away.

It was an ebay purchase, for the princely sum of £7.92 I'm now the proud owner of one.

s-l140.jpg

I think it offers fantastic value for something that will last no longer than a week.

LED Strip lights - still working and make my daughters bedroom look like the interior of a GoGo bar, but without the benefits of being a GoGo bar. £9.99

Impact wrench with an advertised 1200NM of torque. In that case the wheelnuts on my car must be torqued up to 1300NM as it won't even budge them. That's going to the Philippines, but the battery is interchangeable with my DeWalt imapct gun. Even if does last 5 minutes. I've not tried it in case it catches fire though. £19.50

Earbuds - alledgedly noise cancelling but make music sound like it's being played from a car parked down the street. - £2.85 (didn't expect much tbh)

USB powered fans x 2 . Cool yourself down in the hot months with these plastic USB powered fans which rotate at the same speed as an asthmatic tortoise running a marathon. £0.99 each.

Anyone else have an unhealthy addiction to keeping China producing cheap and useless copied goods?.

Another positive to living in Thailand, you can fill your boots with cheap Chinese crap for a lot less than you would pay in the west for the same crap. :default_biggrin:

I'm guilty too of making impulse purchases of cheap Chinese crap that gets featured in the "flash sale" on Lazada's home page.

The same stain finding light is only £2.17 on Lazada.

image.png

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/150lm-xpe-uv-395nm-backlight-i2960712301-s10863295665.html

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Butch said:

s-l140.jpg

Not an addiction as I often find myself trying to get rid of stuff.

But, I do admit to buying a few pieces of absolute crap at Mr. DIY.

• Like 1