What was your favourite "Muscle Car" ?

Butch

Tough one for you people, especially the American fellas among us. Mopar, Chevy or ford?.

For me, as an Englishman my absolute favourite muscle car is an AAR Cuda, preferably a 70 in Green. Although they were not as popular in the day, I just love them.

If I lived in the USA I'd have one of these in a heartbeat, even if it meant selling the Hako to get one.

1970-plymouth-aar-cuda.jpg

Now, I've done a couple of restorations in my time, but this really is a level of skill and involvement that goes above and beyond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU3g8vmFGo8

Edited by Butch

Back Australia in 1973 I had a metallic blue 1968 Mustang with the 390 c.i motor. Boy, could that thing go but the suspension left a bit to be desired. I loved it. 

Sold it (more space needed) for a 1967 Ford Falcon GT, a classic Oz sedan and the first in a line of hot V8 sedans from Ford and GMH.  

We thought they were so fast but when I look at their performance data now, many recent sedans beat them. 

• Like 1

Here's another favourite of mine - 1970 Chevelle SS 454; there was a fellow in my town who ordered one of these with the LS6 option, 450hp with 4spd gearbox and 4:11 posi differential, and I have never seen a car before or since that could lay rubber like that car could:

70_Chevelle_SS396.jpg

• Like 1