money/document pouches

thunder367

what money document pouches are everyone using when travelling on flights and when walking around town.i use my dads old trucking wallet till last trip.ideal for multi currencies holding cards and passport just about.looking to replace it with some more new and rid status to stop cards being scanned.when in town i have a wallet i got with gran trimsmo 5 on ps3 need to repace that to as it has no protection from cards being scanned

I finally started using a wallet a few months back. I just make sure I have my shorts pocket buttoned. 

If no button then always goes in my front pants pocket.

If hitting a bar night (which has been a long time now) I will make some adjustments.

I can't ever remember being scammed on a card read or lift, but I reckon it's possible. I am more inclined to suspect a bank from ripping me than some clown scanning my cards.

Edited by Glasseye

I mentioned on another thread that M'Lady bought a bumbag on line for me, my intention was to wear it across my chest - shoulder to hip style. This was for comfort, safety and for easy access.

However the strap was too small.

So I now wear a man bag worn in the same way, for the same reasons. It appears to be a popular accessory used by Thai men here aswell so I fit right in ..... Not that it bothers me what I look like  ..

4 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I mentioned on another thread that M'Lady bought a bumbag on line for me, my intention was to wear it across my chest - shoulder to hip style. This was for comfort, safety and for easy access.

However the strap was too small.

So I now wear a man bag worn in the same way, for the same reasons. It appears to be a popular accessory used by Thai men here aswell so I fit right in ..... Not that it bothers me what I look like  ..

My old manbag's strap kept giving out, so I finally gave up on it. I still keep stuff in it, but don't carry it around with me.

BTW - another thanks to @Stillearly for seeing my bag that night after leaving the bar (twice). Friggen lifesaver.

• Thumbs Up 1

on a flight I have a travel wallet, which holds my passport , a card and money for taxis .. it also has a small pen , which is useful for filling in any immigration cards ( still need for Cambodia) 

all other cash , cards in in my carry on bag

On holiday I just have a normal wallet, I carry a Revolut card and enough cash for whatever time of day it is ... breakfast or afternoon I might only take a few thousand out , nighttime I usually have 10k 

IMG_6594.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

I use a passport travel wallet as well. Mine is similar to this one. Plenty of pockets for holding passport, boarding pass, cards, and zipper pockets for holding the various foreign currency I've collected on my travels. Handy to have everything in one wallet, but risky if I ever should lose it.

image.jpeg

• Great Info 1

When I bought a pouch to stop my car keys getting scammed as a bonus they gave me a couple of cards which they say will stop cards from being read.Same size as credit cards.Not sure if they work but the car ones do.

I have some trousers that have multi pockets with zips & when travelling my PP etc goes in there.Also handy when in Thailand,although I only ever have enough money on me for that day/night.

There is no guarentee with any protection system. Back up plans, flexibility, visulization (what if's reminders to yourself) go a long way though.

My related anxieties to protecting my few small trinkets of importance has decreased quite a bit since relocation and settling. Although having some worries is probably healthier than none at all.