Sleep Patterns

Glasseye

For those that live over here "full time"....

Have you ever considered attempting to adjust your sleep patterns in order to minimize exposure to heat ?

Example sleep around 11 am - 6 pm. 

Then have time to shop (if needed). Also can do business back in the home country without being tired or pissed out of your mind. You can also go out to "socialize" if you choose. 

In morning you can exercise without being in the extreme heat.

Then when the sun comes blasting down - turn off the phone, close the curtains, turn up the A/C and hit the sack.

• Like 1

That was sometimes .my sleep pattern when first lived in pattaya and was single 😅

Now in hua hin no I like the mornings,usually off out by 9am,if it gets to hot ,we have bluelort and matey village to hang about in.

When I'm in the PI my sleep pattern adjusts to the family way of life (if staying with them) rather than to avoid the heat. I'm often in bed around 9pm and up at around 0400 - 0500.

In our own house I'm in my normal routine, but I absolutely love early mornings in SEA, especially rural settings. When i'm up contry, the smell of the humidity, the plants and the gradual increase of warmth makes the time very special for me. I will often sit outside on the veranda or patio at sunrise with a mug of tea, some poached eggs on toast and just relax as the sounds and smells permeate my senses.

• Like 3

I was going to reply that I'm not that bothered by the heat. But decided i'd better check that i can't be accused of not comparing apples vs apples.

From google:

Singapore is in or near the tropical moist forest biome whereas Bangkok is in or near the tropical dry forest biome.
The annual average temperature in Singapore is 1.1 °C (2°F) cooler.
Average monthly temperatures vary by 2.3 °C (4.1°F) less in Singapore. 

Whether those 2 figures can mathematically both be correct i'm not sure. But safe to say i have a cooler climate here. It's great.

20 hours ago, Glasseye said:

For those that live over here "full time"....

Have you ever considered attempting to adjust your sleep patterns in order to minimize exposure to heat ?

Example sleep around 11 am - 6 pm. 

Then have time to shop (if needed). Also can do business back in the home country without being tired or pissed out of your mind. You can also go out to "socialize" if you choose. 

In morning you can exercise without being in the extreme heat.

Then when the sun comes blasting down - turn off the phone, close the curtains, turn up the A/C and hit the sack.

That lifestyle would not work for me for alot of reasons..