What was the last cd you bought?

forqalso

Perhaps one of the greatest perversions of the woke Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is how it includes an act like Dolly Parton (and I am a Dolly fan) and excludes an act like Humble Pie

I'm guessing Collective Soul. I still have quite a few of them. It's the vinyl I had to give up that hurt.

A new CD player will be added when I finally arrange the set up I want. That is taking months longer than I anticipated

7 hours ago, Trip said:

Perhaps one of the greatest perversions of the woke Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is how it includes an act like Dolly Parton (and I am a Dolly fan) and excludes an act like Humble Pie

Well I couldn't agree more, Cher is now in too???   Eeeeee gads!

Thank god Peter Frampton and Foreigner will both be inducted in October....now......Styx has GOT to be next year! 

Pete (1).jpg

DSC00920.JPG

DSC00481.JPG

• Like 3

Foreigner played at first concert I attended. It was The Day of Rock and Roll, in the Superdome. I still can’t believe our parents let my brothers and I drive over 200 miles to New Orleans by ourselves. My older brother was 17, I was 15 and my little brother was 11 or 12. They would probably be arrested if they did that today.

Christopher Cross opened, followed by Cheap Trick, then Foreigner. The Eagles finished out the night. I think the tickets were about $12.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 4/22/2024 at 9:05 PM, Krapow said:

Honestly can't remember, but it will have been on ebay.

Still have all my vinyl though, thankfully. Some classics, Love will Tear us Apart original 7inch, loads of punk stuff. 

Same here,on vinyls, damned about 15 singles,pistols including god save the Queen,clash,dead Kennedy ect ect,tons of stuff,probably still be gathering dust in loft when I am dust ! 

I don't know what the last cd was but I know the first,green by rem,was my first job offshore 89 down off grt Yarmouth on a diving boat,did 8 weeks,came home and bought cd stereo system with a record deck,cost about 1500,that was the first cd I bought,that same month went to see the stone roses in London.

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, forqalso said:

Foreigner played at first concert I attended. It was The Day of Rock and Roll, in the Superdome. I still can’t believe our parents let my brothers and I drive over 200 miles to New Orleans by ourselves. My older brother was 17, I was 15 and my little brother was 11 or 12. They would probably be arrested if they did that today.

Christopher Cross opened, followed by Cheap Trick, then Foreigner. The Eagles finished out the night. I think the tickets were about $12.

Jesus..... Foreigner, Cheap Trick and the Eagles in the same show ? Nice !

Cheap Trick could blow the walls down in just about any venue.

I would have been in a shitter stall doing lines when Cross was playing. lol

• Like 1