US Navy in Pattaya

Smiler

Just been chatting to a mate in Pattaya who mentioned the US Navy had been in town.

Reminds me of one of my first visits in the late 80s/early 90s when there was a shit load of them on shore leave. I remember being at the old Carousel bar in Soi Diamond, there was a group of black guys, completely oblivious to the girls, dancing around one of the old ghetto blaster thingys and TBH I thought they were as cool as f**k. Now at that time in my life I had absolutely no interest in bar fines etc. the idea of paying for sex was simply a non starter (my how times have changed 😁). However, the 2 mates I was with had been 6 months in Oman and all they wanted was to get pissed and laid. After the required number of beers I overcame my English shyness and started talking to the yanks, as luck would have it I was (still am) a massive fan of Mowtown, Stax and Atlantic music so we had some common ground, not much but enough. It was the highlight of my holiday. Pretty fly for a white guy 🙄.

Fast forward to around 12 years ago and there was a Cobra exercise at Wing 23 in Udon. The town just exploded into life with girls and women being brought in from the surrounding villages, the atmoshere was electric, in fact I have never since seen the bars so packed. The guys knew how to enjoy themselves and were'nt afraid to splash the cash, much to the distain of the grumpy old sexpats. Can still picture it now a young guy obviously hammered, laughing his head off, shirtless riding an elephant through Nutty Park at 2 in the morning.

So my experiences are very positive when the servicemen get "liberty" in Thailand. Anyone care to share theirs?

Edited by Smiler
  • Thumbs Up 3

On my first trip , in Phuket , I stayed overnight in a girls room , she shared with a couple of friends but they had sleepovers themselves.... the walls were decorated with US Navy caps , there must have been about 20 of them hanging up .... 555

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Smiler said:

Just been chatting to a mate in Pattaya who mentioned the US Navy had been in town.

Reminds me of one of my first visits in the late 80s/early 90s when there was a shit load of them on shore leave. I remember being at the old Carousel bar in Soi Diamond, there was a group of black guys, completely oblivious to the girls, dancing around one of the old ghetto blaster thingys and TBH I thought they were as cool as f**k. Now at that time in my life I had absolutely no interest in bar fines etc. the idea of paying for sex was simply a non starter (my how times have changed 😁). However, the 2 mates I was with had been 6 months in Oman and all they wanted was to get pissed and laid. After the required number of beers I overcame my English shyness and started talking to the yanks, as luck would have it I was (still am) a massive fan of Mowtown, Stax and Atlantic music so we had some common ground, not much but enough. It was the highlight of my holiday. Pretty fly for a white guy 🙄.

Fast forward to around 12 years ago and there was a Cobra exercise at Wing 23 in Udon. The town just exploded into life with girls and women being brought in from the surrounding villages, the atmoshere was electric, in fact I have never since seen the bars so packed. The guys knew how to enjoy themselves and were'nt afraid to splash the cash, much to the distain of the grumpy old sexpats. Can still picture it now a young guy obviously hammered, laughing his head off, shirtless riding an elephant through Nutty Park at 2 in the morning.

So my experiences are very positive when the servicemen get "liberty" in Thailand. Anyone care to share theirs?

I used to be the only white guy in all black joints on the South Side of Chi-town when I was young. Never had a problem and some of the best fun times of my life.

It didn't hurt for the fact that my 3 black pals and I were all packing...lol

I recall going into Classroom one night during CG 03, Chart was sat there looking forlorn and there was no staff.

"what happened Chart?" - I asked

"Americans barfined all the girls for a party".

"Why you looking so sad then?"

"Bastards didn't invite me to it".

They had actually gone over the road to Planet Rock, whereupon they managed to fill all 3 floors of the place - so much so that the owner "Gop" pulled me in for an emergency run to Walking Street to round up 4 of her friends as they were struggling to keep up with the drinks service.

We duly returned about 30 minutes later to what I can only describe as absolute bedlam. Instead of ordering spirits by the glass, the Yanks had ordered entire bottles and mixers. I reckon each table had at least 3 bottles of different spirits on them. Gop had pulled all the girls from Lipstick in, and seemingly half of the staff of Rodeo Girls as well.

As this was during Purachai's social order campaign, the bar closed at around 02:00, only for the entire place to empty for a party at the Penthouse next door. I never went to the Party, but from what I gathered from the forums at the time, it was pretty good.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1