Golf

Archie43

Unreal for golf fans in my country…..we might have a 5th different Canadian winner on PGA, since only October. As I stated before, growing up we were lucky to have 2 guys on Tour in the top 125 $……that many winners just boggles the mind. Somebody must have changed how these guys develop and are encouraged/supported. Taylor’s win in Toronto to break a 69 year drought in the 🇨🇦 Open, especially with that long eagle…..made me so proud

Anyway, hoping Pendrith can have a good weekend

image.png

Edited by Golfingboy

5 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Get in !! 🙂 

I’m happy for him, Rickie had a big fall from grace, had a family, and he’s a winner again. Would have loved to see Hadwin take it, Fowler got a very generous drop but he made the most of his chances when it counted. Morikawa lipped out at slow speed on 18, they all had multiple birdies that just missed……it’s an easy course for them 

Hopefully Rickie can get that elusive major, but turning 35, time is ticking away. I’m pulling for him, he’d be a popular champion, just look at the fans today dressed in his OK ST Sunday orange

• Like 2

WTF? Enough with the plastic surgery already! Holly Sonders was one hot mama, ex-college golfer who was on Golf Channel a while back as an instructor/host. She was many a man’s wet dream(guilty 🫣). 

Now she’s starting a sports league with OnlyFans & other models playing nearly naked. Great! But seeing her new photos, and she’s dating De La Hoya, Ugh! Why do they get all this work done I f they just end up uglier ? Looked so much better years ago…..

IMG_2062.jpeg

IMG_2061.jpeg

IMG_2060.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Sad 3

@Stillearly Something when horribly wrong for her. When you’re beating adults at 10-11, and almost winning majors at 15, she should have been better than Annika. Anyway, she had that guaranteed endorsements $, and started a family with an even wealthier man. Good on her

I don’t dislike her(unlike Nelly Korda, that Solheim Cup hole cemented my feelings), it’s just maybe the biggest waste of talent ever, and that’s including BOTH sexes. That’s why I’m always very wary when the media talks about “the next big thing”….some players peak in their teens,sad but true. We had a kid in Montreal in the 90’s, destroyed all the members at his private club….didn’t even make it to Korn Ferry. Chinese kid Guan made the cut in MASTER AT 14, where is he now?
Rose Zhang seems to be the real deal, won her debut then almost won a major the next week. 

But whether it’s over analyzing, bad mental game, or just the sheer amount of gifted young players worldwide, success in amateur ranks is no guarantee of greatness. Wie is the perfect example 

1 minute ago, Golfingboy said:

@Stillearly Something when horribly wrong for her. When you’re beating adults at 10-11, and almost winning majors at 15, she should have been better than Annika. Anyway, she had that guaranteed endorsements $, and started a family with an even wealthier man. Good on her

I don’t dislike her(unlike Nelly Korda, that Solheim Cup hole cemented my feelings), it’s just maybe the biggest waste of talent ever, and that’s including BOTH sexes. That’s why I’m always very wary when the media talks about “the next big thing”….some players peak in their teens,sad but true. We had a kid in Montreal in the 90’s, destroyed all the members at his private club….didn’t even make it to Korn Ferry. Chinese kid Guan made the cut in MASTER AT 14, where is he now?
Rose Zhang seems to be the real deal, won her debut then almost won a major the next week. 

But whether it’s over analyzing, bad mental game, or just the sheer amount of gifted young players worldwide, success in amateur ranks is no guarantee of greatness. Wie is the perfect example 

I know her career didn't reach the heights everyone was predicting, but she still won a major ... must have been huge pressure on her 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I know her career didn't reach the heights everyone was predicting, but she still won a major ... must have been huge pressure on her 

True….I read only 5 Tour wins in her career, f—k me thought it was more. Think her first was in Canada, IIRC private club in Calgary I met a few members from

Anyway, when you sell your next hedge fund, please take me to Pebble Beach, pretty please? 🙏😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Golfingboy said:

@Stillearly I stand corrected…..was her 2nd career win of 5, and Priddis in Calgary was the host the previous year 

image.png

I just looked as well , she had two runners up and a third place in majors as well ....  I think the daft thing was getting her and Sorenstam to play in men's competitions, seemed to be a thing back then ... 🤷‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I just looked as well , she had two runners up and a third place in majors as well ....  I think the daft thing was getting her and Sorenstam to play in men's competitions, seemed to be a thing back then ... 🤷‍♂️

Agreed,I hope we never see that again, although Annika DID beat what, 60-70 men and missed cut by ONE? She was that good, imagine almost half the field got beat by a woman? 

Just remembered another factoid…..My cousin who I’ve met like twice in my life, married a golfer. Lazy woman, overweight but lots of natural talent. So she stayed with my parents in Montreal early 2000’s, had some kind of tourney. Well she was allowed a guest for a practice round, so Dad joined for $90, which is saying a lot because back then he rarely went over $35 including cart! Private track, so he jumped at the chance 

Well they were paired with Isabelle Beiseigel, local French girl. Dad said she hit 3 flagsticks on the fly, yes really! 

Anyway, during the Wie craze of playing against men, Isabelle went to PGA men’s  qualifying school…..WTF? Got ridiculed, and never did anything on LPGA either…..back then making a cut  guaranteed you only $800 some weeks, expenses way more than that 

Yup, was à ridiculous thing to try, although Michelle & Annika came close to making a weekend 

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1

@Stillearly Another factoid from my girl
Isabelle…..I guess playing with the boys made her appreciate a pint or two….Not exactly winning at Pebble Beach, is she? I swear, you cannot invent this shite ! 😂😂😂

Honestly though, was a great player, had a USA college scholarship and married her classmate very young at Oklahoma, and took his surname…..I knew it didn’t sound very French

image.png

Edited by Golfingboy

What an attempt….although assuming the green and tree haven’t eroded in 13 years, easier for a male to achieve the same distance. Impossible for a lady to reach off the ground

A hole out could make it interesting, Corpuz could still drive one into the Pacific

5 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Unless I missed it , I didn't see any coverage on Sky .. 🤷‍♂️

IMG_5928.jpeg

Naw, there wasn't i had been looking earlier as well.

Though now glad there wasn't, as would have watched it and maybe missed some of the tennis.

Steph Curry sure knows how to find the hole under pressure….20 footer for eagle on the 18th to win the Celebrity Championship. What a nice setting on Lake Tahoe too

Some arsehole tried getting his 2 seconds of fame yelling in the runner-ups driver backswing on same hole…shame we still see this

IMG_2157.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1