Golf

Archie43

3 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Its fantastic that Weir drove back to make sure he was there for it 👍

Yes very patriotic, as were the UK fellas to wait for Tommy. The Yanks must have been saying “I thought this was our Tour,no”? 

And Weir captains the Presidents’ Cup next year about 45 minutes from me, he will have a few local boys on that team, captain’s picks or not

We used to be lucky to have one player on Tour, this year we have 4 different winners  and it’s only June

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1

On 6/12/2023 at 6:56 AM, Golfingboy said:

Toronto Police tackling Adam Hadwin, who was spraying champagne on his buddy. Hope his career is not affected, is golfers are delicate 

https://twitter.com/MyBookie/status/1668044141526122507

And in true Canadian form he apologized for being tackled.

Confirmation of Hadwin’s clean bill of health – and an apology – followed later from his wife Jessica via Twitter.

“I’m thrilled to report that @ahadwingolf is still among the land of the living and in true Canadian form, apologized to the security guard for being tackled,” she said.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/06/12/golf/hadwin-security-tackle-taylor-canadian-open-spt-intl/index.html

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

62 for Xander as well ,  the two lowest rounds in US Open history 

Is don’t know what to think. I don’t like seeing +10 be the winning score and the best players being embarrassed by stupid greens and 18” rough. But I also like to see the USGA make a course tough once a year, and a couple of 62’s this early…..hmmmm. Then again, 3rd is 5 shots back, so possibly they both shot the round of their lives, under the circumstances? 

Brandon Grace has company in the 62 major club. Was bound to happen, especially on a par 70, but crazy how many 63’s were shot over maybe 50+ years and nobody could go just ONE lower

Hope they toughen up the track for the weekend 

image.png