Golf

Archie43

On 8/15/2022 at 11:16 AM, Stillearly said:

F308A89E-7915-4470-A3E9-A1074D51FC70.jpeg

maybe sat on his wallet ... 😉 

That’s the rumour…..when you stuff £100M in my your trousers, you can’t have an imbalance. 

Seriously, I don’t hate Cam like I do Reed and others. Reed BTW is suing Chamblee for defamation for calling him a cheater…..Christ isn’t that like Weinstein & Epstein suing Ricky Gervais for the Golden Globes monologues??? 

But Cam IS the new Open Champion, don’t blame him for trying to make another $20M in the final 3 weeks of a ~ 40 week season. He earned it. AND it seems he wants to stick around for the President’s Cup late September. But he and the Tour are both at fault. This “hip injury” looks suspicious, and the 2 stroke penalty was total BS as I alluded to. Cam, though, when questioned about the LIV rumours holding the Claret Jug, saying “I have people who handle that for me, I don’t know”. SURE CAM, you delegate so much authority you don’t know you’re changing bosses next month???

Like I’ve said, it’s just too soon to tell. LIV gets Cam, then Matsuyama, plus who knows else…….it’s definitely thinning the quality of PGA Tour fields. If LIV folds, are the defectors really banned 4 life, even from Senior Tour? As I’ve said, I’ll never tune  in, it’s NOT competitive golf IMO. They haven’t yet snagged many young stars who’ve won majors AND are not on the decline. Brooks & Bryson, 5 majors total but already injured often. Reed has a Masters but is hated. DJ, 38 years old, he would have faded soon enough. Phil & Sergio pretty much done too. Oosthuizen is 37 too and could never close,except 2010. Ancer & Wolff great players but no major. I’m really shocked Adam Scott hasn’t joined at 42 years old, I mean is there a better fit for LIV? 

So if they had landed Spieth, Rory, Collin, JT, maybe Tiger……yeah the PGA’s existence  could be in serious danger. But if those guys hold firm, PGA is fine. Things will have to change, players’ earnings WILL increase, along with better schedules. But LIV, to already spend $2B without a penny of revenue…..it’s just not sustainable. Unless I’m missing something. What’s next, are the Saudis going to start a rival league to the NFL? 

Anyway, enough said. I just can’t agree with the supposed “golf fans” who love the LIV concept…..they’re all nuts IMO

• Like 2

Looks like a shootout today at the BMW. Par just won’t cut it, it WAS a tightly bunched leaderboard to start. Zalatoris WD with a back injury. Of my 4 🇨🇦, only Conners looks like he will advance to the Top 30 next week. Pendrith playing well, but started dead last, think he needs to finish 2nd or better as he is only projected 51st

Just waiting until the Arsenal post game commentary is finished on NBC in a half hour…..

666E647C-70B5-428E-8225-B2A86D78CFC2.jpeg

Very happy 🇨🇦 Conners finished strong, nearly holed out on 16 & 18 to get into next week’s Tour Championship. He had 6 bogeys in an 18 hole stretch, if not he could have won today. Very tight leaderboard, I expect a playoff. Big Shane 🇮🇪 needs Aaron Wise to bogey 18 to get in next week. Adam Scott had his ups & downs but looks like he will make it

F9F1CA6B-2751-4671-8A88-4B113D66199A.jpeg

AFDE18F7-E83C-48EA-8CB2-B4763871D6E1.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy

https://www.pgatour.com/news/2022/08/23/will-zalatoris-withdraws-2022-tour-championship-east-lake-back-injury.html

Will Zalatoris has withdrawn from the TOUR Championship with two herniated discs in his back.

Zalatoris had previously withdrawn from last week’s BMW Championship during the third round. He tweaked his back on the third hole Saturday and attempted to play through the injury, but after vigorous stretching and attempted manipulations, he withdrew after the fourth hole. He was just four strokes off the lead at the time.   

The 26-year-old entered the TOUR Championship at No. 3 on the FedExCup, set to begin three strokes behind Scottie Scheffler in the Starting Strokes format.

Zalatoris will also miss the Presidents Cup next month as he rehabilitates and recovers.

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

https://www.pgatour.com/news/2022/08/23/will-zalatoris-withdraws-2022-tour-championship-east-lake-back-injury.html

Will Zalatoris has withdrawn from the TOUR Championship with two herniated discs in his back.

Zalatoris had previously withdrawn from last week’s BMW Championship during the third round. He tweaked his back on the third hole Saturday and attempted to play through the injury, but after vigorous stretching and attempted manipulations, he withdrew after the fourth hole. He was just four strokes off the lead at the time.   

The 26-year-old entered the TOUR Championship at No. 3 on the FedExCup, set to begin three strokes behind Scottie Scheffler in the Starting Strokes format.

Zalatoris will also miss the Presidents Cup next month as he rehabilitates and recovers.

That’s too bad. I’m surprised I saw Cam Smith in today’s list of tee times. With it being almost 100% confirmed he’s jumping ship as early as Sunday evening, plus the BS 2-shot penalty and “hip injury”, I was convinced he was being kicked off the Tour

So that’s the latest, 7 big names, for sure Matsuyama and Cam, being announced by LIV immediately after the Tour Championship ends

• Sad 1

Some very  big changes coming to the Tour, in terms of pay and job security. I hope no one else defects to LIV now, will be interesting to see. Apparently Hideki is NOT a done deal, he makes so much back home in endorsements, and the Japanese fans won’t tune in to the LIV BS

• Like 1

Is what I’m watching real? Rory sinking putts much longer than 2 feet…..tied for the lead now after starting 6 back. Im looking good too, he could be a Korean billionaire 20 times over by day’s end! 

E4CAE2FB-AE5E-4D51-8542-1EEEE83012B4.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Surprised 1

3 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Is what I’m watching real? Rory sinking putts much longer than 2 feet…..tied for the lead now after starting 6 back. Im looking good too, he could be a Korean billionaire by day’s end! 

E4CAE2FB-AE5E-4D51-8542-1EEEE83012B4.jpeg

I turned over to the cricket .... Scheffler was so far ahead , thought it was going to be boring ... just catching up now ...

Edited by Stillearly
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I turned over to the cricket .... Scheffler was so far ahead , thought it was going to be boring ... just catching up now ...

+1….Scheffler just hit it stiffer than  me on Soi 6, but just the fact Rory got close to him I’m very optimistic

Amazing how good Rory can play when he’s on. He actually beat Scheffler by 7 shots for the week, starting 6 back, and started triple /bogey for the week. So he had to make up 10 shots, he beat Scottie by 11. Really clutch golf. 
I don’t like the format, though. When it’s thousands of points per event, it’s impossible to have ties, when it’s just strokes for the finale, lots of guys sharing money. There’s no way Im & Scheffler deserve to take home the EXACT same bonus after a whole season, come on! 

Im anxious for the LIV announcement tomorrow. Tringale was one of the seven mentioned, and he already Tweeted his “confirmation ”. But he’s a nobody, I’m curious if Smith, Hideki, Varner are actually going through with it. Seems all but confirmed, but I hope a few change their mind…..🤞

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1