Golf

Archie43

4 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Well done Viktor 👍

Nobody gave him a chance on the front 9….certainly not me. Crazy difficult course, for Scheffler to finish 3 hours ago and miss by only one shot…..

My boy Rory disappointed again. Outside of Tiger, never seen a player so close to the top all the time, even when he only has his C game. At least 4 poor wedges leading to bogies, two 6’s on the par 5’s to start is inexcusable 

Mccarthy was emotional, still a huge pay check but a win would have really set him up. At the end of the day, his great putting kept him there, but in today’s game, the shorter hitters have to remain so sharp. They slip on one hole & advantage gone

Anyway, Rory chokes like this again, I’m changing my avatar to Patrick Reed, or worse, Stephen Ames, the biggest arsehole to ever wear my flag 🇨🇦

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Nobody gave him a chance on the front 9….certainly not me. Crazy difficult course, for Scheffler to finish 3 hours ago and miss by only one shot…..

My boy Rory disappointed again. Outside of Tiger, never seen a player so close to the top all the time, even when he only has his C game. At least 4 poor wedges leading to bogies, two 6’s on the par 5’s to start is inexcusable 

Mccarthy was emotional, still a huge pay check but a win would have really set him up. At the end of the day, his great putting kept him there, but in today’s game, the shorter hitters have to remain so sharp. They slip on one hole & advantage gone

Anyway, Rory chokes like this again, I’m changing my avatar to Patrick Reed, or worse, Stephen Ames, the biggest arsehole to ever wear my flag 🇨🇦

Rory has not been the same since he boxed himself into a corner becoming the de-facto mouthpiece for the anti Liv brigade. Politics and sport invariably do not mix and he has allowed himself to adopt an entrenched position and I bet it is praying on his mind.

To me the highlight of the golfing year is and always will be The Ryder Cup. It is the "Show Business" of golf and I want to see Europe pick the best possible team of "Winners" and I don't care a toss if that includes one or two individuals who have chosen the Liv route.

Grow up Rory and stop being a big girls blouse.

Edited by Jambo

4 hours ago, Stillearly said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/65825327

PGA Tour & DP World Tour agree shock merger with LIV Golf to end split in golf

😲

Wow TFP I thought it was April 1st for a second

I’m disappointed but at the same time there’s no easy answer. Lot of different opinions on this, but I’ve always been against LIV. They attracted the talent by throwing away billions of $, shotgun starts and guaranteed pay is not pro golf IMO. Yes they succeeded in that the PGA already increased purses, but it’s still not a level playing field. The PGA isn’t innocent either, no way should the director of a “non-profit” get $9M a year, while hundreds of volunteers work at the tournaments

I was wrong however about LIV golfers’ skills getting rusty…..Koepka almost won both majors to start 2023

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Golfingboy said:

Wow TFP I thought it was April 1st for a second

I’m disappointed but at the same time there’s no easy answer. Lot of different opinions on this, but I’ve always been against LIV. They attracted the talent by throwing away billions of $, shotgun starts and guaranteed pay is not pro golf IMO. Yes they succeeded in that the PGA already increased purses, but it’s still not a level playing field. The PGA isn’t innocent either, no way should the director of a “non-profit” get $9M a year, while hundreds of volunteers work at the tournaments

I was wrong however about LIV golfers’ skills getting rusty…..Koepka almost won both majors to start 2023

Be great to see the strongest fields again ....but it doesn't seem fair that the LIV guys took the cash and will be back in like nothing has happened 

also PGA in bed with the Saudis after some of the comments they made .. 🤷‍♂️

not sure what to think 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/6/2023 at 4:56 PM, Stillearly said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/65825327

PGA Tour & DP World Tour agree shock merger with LIV Golf to end split in golf

😲

I just watched Rory on Sky Sports being interviewed about this merger.

He rambled on, often repeating himself, trying to justify (to himself) why it is now OK to take the Saudi pieces of black gold.

He really sounds to me as if he is about to have some kind of mental breakdown or maybe it is simply a good job he is a good golfer because he is just plain thick?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I just watched Rory on Sky Sports being interviewed about this merger.

He rambled on, often repeating himself, trying to justify (to himself) why it is now OK to take the Saudi pieces of black gold.

He really sounds to me as if he is about to have some kind of mental breakdown or maybe it is simply a good job he is a good golfer because he is just plain thick?

I think he and others like Tiger have been let down badly  , I'm sure the details will come out eventually 

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy cow! Nick Taylor goes out early and makes 9 birdies, no bogeys and sits on top for now. Between him and Conners, hope we can end the 70 year drought for winning our home tournament. Rory and Tommy looking good too, about the only time you’ll find me not rooting for them

image.png

• Like 1