Golf

Archie43

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

$ 120,000 for the guy who came last , 24 over par for three rounds ... sounds fantastic 555

They’re saying Schwartzel’s caddie made better than the Canadian Open’s 4th place finisher will today……ouch! 

I have to say, watching live on CBS, I’m impressed Monahan the commissioner chose to speak with Jim Nantz. Doesn’t matter if I don’t agree with the expulsions, I respect a man who can answer all questions without saying “I can’t comment on that right now” 

Justin Rose needs to par out for 59, amazing. Like I’ve said, I’m amazed at what was typically a very weak field that we have such a great week. Awesome for my country to have PGA’s best in Toronto, then a week later Formula 1’s best a 6 hour drive away. Going to try and see Friday practice, can’t afford Sunday’s main event lol

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Thumbs Up 3

Rose finishes with a 60, with 3 bogies. Might be the biggest “what-if” round in history, OK he had 3 eagles but still…..could have been the first 57. 

Conners 🇨🇦 shoots 62, don’t know what he was doing last 3 rounds. Rory leaking oil, come on finish it off

Atta boy Rory, beautiful rollout on his wedge from the rough for a 2 shot lead over JT. 

Nice to see the fans in Canada leave their phones at home, just like Augusta. F—k me I know I couldn’t play under that kind of microscope 

AC6CC029-58DE-47FA-9DEB-4C1FA6F3727E.jpeg

• Haha 1

Just watched the live replay - Rory got there in the end - but he sure had me worried.  Definitely an issue there between the ears. One minute unbeatable - next thing you know he hits worse tee-offs than I did today. JT did well - put pressure on and faltered right at the end - a great battle to watch. Finau is weird - he is like 'sorry, I didnt mean to birdie that hole, I hope you guys dont hate me' - what a pussy.  

Just looked over Rosie’s card, THIRTEEN 3’s to go with his eagle 2 on a Par 4. I’m sure that’s some kind of a record even if he “only” shot 60. He shot 41 for 14 holes……let that sink in. I remember years ago a great feat was having “not a single 5 on the card”…..FFS Rosie only had two 4’s! 

Like I said, without a few careless errors, could have been the greatest round in history, don’t care if it’s a Par 70. And Justin is no spring chicken, he will be 42 next month.  But ask Johnny Miller and his 63 at Oakmont will be the best ever hands down

69AF61BC-DD9C-4A73-A786-2A050914A1E3.jpeg

F41D2299-50AF-4146-9F86-C6FA0DB7BF9A.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1

We watched the full replay of the weekend all day yesterday and last night - every minute - awesome (and sad).

Great win by Matty - and an even better reaction and celebration with family and mates. On a course that needed nerves and a great short game (especially putting), Matty and Will stood out and they both deserved to have a chance on the last green. I will forgive Matty for putting out before Will putted, but what a finish. 

Zalatoris looks to me like a very good golfer who knows the game and more importantly knows his own game - and I love how he takes it on the chin and accepts the blame for mistakes (so unlike Rahm) - surely he aint far away from a big one.

Rory as usual finishes in top 10 and could easily have been in contention (as usual) - and Rahm imploded when things didnt go his way, as is also usual. 

Rory Rory Rory - I used to say that his main problem is the lack of a pro caddy (to control him), and I still think that.  But now I look behind that and see the fact that Rory doesnt want one, but worse - he thinks he doesnt need one - despite all the evidence to the contrary. The reason is IMO because Rory has big problems between the ears. I love the guy - he is so positive and open and honest about things - and he is the best player I have seen since Norman and Tiger - but he sure is a dingbat at times (like Norman was at times). 

Watching Rory on Saturday at the US Open was like seeing someone else - where was the guy who played for the last 2 days - what sort of idiot coms out and attacks a US Open course on day 3 when it is always tricked up to uber-punish wayward shots (only 7 of the world's best players finished under par).  Everyone was saying on Thurs/Friday how much more controlled and mature Rory was - who the pharrk was it that came out in Rory's body on Saturday.  IMO Rory's biggest problem is between the ears and when I think about it - it is so obvious.  The things he did and said about the Olympics and cancelling the wedding with Wozniacki in 2014 (year of his last major) immediately come to mind as 'biggy' implosions.  Rory's recent statements about Norman and LIV are a little 'harsh', but what he said about his fellow Ryder Cup mates - Poulter, McDowell, Westwood, Kaymer, and Garcia - are just unacceptable and stupid.  Lets face it, Rory is a dingbat. Greatest player I have ever seen when 'on', and a nice guy too, but he is an effin dingbat - he is his own worse enemy. I coached a bit of cricket and saw this a few times- some seriously talented blokes just dont know how to get out of their own way.  If you gave Rory's talent to someone with a golfing mind like Zalatoris, we would be watching another Tiger - probably even better. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Rory is what we Aussies call a 'dingbat' - he really, really, seriously, needs a caddie to tell him what to do, but more importantly, what not to do. Unfortunately, because of his extraordinary talent Rory was taught that playing golf is all about hitting great shots and scoring low. That worked while he was younger, but it has not for almost 10 years now. What the picture doesn't tell was that at that point, Rory was 13 under par overall, and 5 under for the day - he ended up even for the day and is at 8 under overall - he not only lost many shots because of a couple of bad decisions on that hole - it broke his confidence and he limped home.  

Because he is so good, he genuinely thinks he can do anything - and the problem is that he can. But he lacks that 'filter' that tells him 'maybe not this time' and 'maybe not today'. He knows that he can shoot 62 on any course - but he lacks the 'filter' to realise that some days and sometimes, he needs to pull it back. As Jack said - It is not about having the lowest possible lowest score every day - it is about scoring less than all the other blokes over 4 days. Or as Greg said: You cant win it on day 1 or 2 - but you can lose it then. 

Harry - the best thing you can do for Rory is to resign.  Rory just won the RBC Canadian without you mate - he doesnt 'need' you - he does need a professional caddie to 'manage' him when things go wrong - whether he likes it or not. Unfortunately, Rory is still basically a boy, and has not grown up and accepted his faults and limitations - the wife thinks he never will.  Rory will every now and then show us just how good he is when he puts together 4 great rounds and wins. But I fear he will never become the golf player he could have been - meaning winning many events especially majors. 

Rory has been slagging Greg Norman lately saying he has won 21 PGA events - 1 more than Norman. Rory has won 33 professional events - Greg won 89.  Greg was world's number 1 for 331 weeks - Rory so far for 106 weeks.  Rory - it aint about comparing wins on PGA - it is about how many and how long over your career - Jack and Tiger are ahead of everyone - Greg and many others are well behind those two - and so are you Rory. They cannot do anymore - but you can - a lot more - grow up and get on with it. 

• Great Info 1