Golf

Archie43

4 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Only three shots between the top 5 , could be an exciting finish ... I was hoping for an early night ... need to drop my car off for its service at 08:00 alarm already set for 07:00 ....

You don’t let those eyelids droop now mate…

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Only three shots between the top 5 , could be an exciting finish ... I was hoping for an early night ... need to drop my car off for its service at 08:00 alarm already set for 07:00 ....

What a day though, the footie, the PGA, and an hour after the golf I have Edmonton- Calgary in the hockey playoffs

4 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

What a day though, the footie, the PGA, and an hour after the golf I have Edmonton- Calgary in the hockey playoffs

Caught the end of the IPL and caught up with the last two days of the Giro D'Italia

Spanish GP was on as well , but I'd already seen the result so dodged it  555

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

Caught the end of the IPL and caught up with the last two days of the Giro D'Italia

Spanish GP was on as well , but I'd already seen the result so dodged it  555

I mentioned on another thread, f—k me people are really itching for the Grand Prix in 4 weeks. Hotels are approaching 1K CAD a night, that is utter madness…..There will still be another edition in 2023 I think. All those COVID cheques must be spent I guess

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I pressed record and went to bed , just watched it "live" having avoided the result 

Wow , got to feel sorry for Mito , lots of if only's for a lot of players ...

but hats off to JT 🏆

People online were mentioning Van de Velde, but come on, it wasn’t that bad. But similar yes. I think this major taught the casual fan once and for all, it’s not over until that putt on the 72nd drops.

Mito loves to shape his shots, and he admitted he never even considered the water hazard. I hate slow play, but this was a rare case of a PGA player not thinking enough. Then he should have at least assured himself a bogey.  490, downhill, he hits 3 iron, even if he misses the huge downslope, he’s dry and has 3-4 iron again. The thing is, he will learn from this, but you never know if this could have been his only chance at glory. At least he’s IN all 4 majors for the foreseeable future, that’s a plus. But what a sad moment for his mate Niemann, and all of Chile…..he truly had one palm on the trophy

I’ve never liked JT, but good on him for never giving up. Never saw so many guys who came so close, with so many huge errors down the stretch.Fitzpatrick  Young, Will, Rory, Mito……Maybe the 2006 US Open win by Ogilvy, where Phil, Monty, Paddy all gave it away, but the winner there was +5 and the rough was SO brutal

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1