What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

10 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Brilliant,seen them in barrowlands Glasgow 80s,still have inflammable material on vinyl.

I remember listening to Inflammable Material a lot. Surprised to see that Tin Soldiers wasn't on that akbum

7 hours ago, Krapow said:

Probably their best song and 90s too.

Reminds me of an old friend who got addicted to smack in his teens and twenties . My lasting memory of him is singing this on a night out with us all and a couple of month later overdosing... Really fucking sad and the words made it even harder to bare at the time .

Sorry for hijacking such a good song.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Zambo said:

I remember listening to Inflammable Material a lot. Surprised to see that Tin Soldiers wasn't on that akbum

Tin soldiers was a double aside with nobody's hero ,released 1980,another brilliant track ...at the edge 👍

11 hours ago, Zambo said:

5 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Brilliant,seen them in barrowlands Glasgow 80s,still have inflammable material on vinyl.

Seen them loads of times growing up.

They're playing Belfast later this year again -

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/music/news/stiff-little-fingers-punk-rockers-to-play-major-belfast-show-this-year/a1263881879.html

Jake done an acoustic set with Ruffy and Segs from Ruts DC, and Kirk from Theatre of Hate at the Empire last week. 

The done classics like Suspect device, and Staring at the Rude Boys. Few of my mates went, stuck loads of videos from it on Facebook.

thumbnail_1000002788.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zambo said:

Was our anthem growing up in Northern Ireland.

Have a read of this from the Harp Bar, about SLF playing the Bataclan after those Islamist terrorist scum slaughtered so many people in it a few years ago. The parallels to Northern Ireland in those days. Kinda guessing Terri Hooley might have wrote it, but not sure  -

All hail to Stiff Little Fingers for playing in Paris last night...where last Friday 13th November 129 people were killed by terrorists, 89 of those at The Bataclan music Club. I get so angry at times when I think back to the desolate streets of Belfast in the 70's when the IRA's bombing campaign bombed our wee city to bits and made it a ghost town every night for 35 years! To watch on the news how yet another bomb blasts the city centre shattering the future of a people who became prisoners in their own homes while the rest of Europe enjoyed a healthy city lifestyle of music, entertainment and fun whilst we were robbed of it! If I could sue the IRA I would for not letting my generation have the same but we endured it for 35 years with a resilience that would shape our lives forever. Yes. 35 years !! We were the only youth in Western Europe who couldn't play in their own city.. It was an abomination back then and should never happen again... in any city!! What right do the terrorists have to dictate and destroy peoples lives and future!! I didn't want to spend my youth living in a ghetto listening to c&w music at the local social club where they passed round the hat at the end of the night for the cause!!! I was one of the lucky ones who found a group of friends who rebelled against the war on terror back then and found a little light in one of the darkest streets in Belfast that changed everything. Likewise All hail to those who had the courage back then to resist the paramilitaries way of life and found punk at the Harp Bar...where TV crews all over Europe came to visit a club which not only had some of the best punk bands in the world but also stood for resilience and courage. SLF have now demonstrated the very essence of that Northern Ireland punk attitude to the world. The shouts of 'Thank You' they heard at the start of their gig are only too familiar to what we thought back in the day when The Stranglers, The Clash and Siouxsie came to play Belfast while others stayed away... Last night Jake said to the fans 'the world has you in its heart' at this moment, that's all that is required! (as for that idiot Julian Cope.. Don't even go there!!) rant over Lol!

• Like 2