Things you will NEVER see in Pattaya

Jambo

The sign refers to "Wild Elephants" which I would be extremely surprised if a single member of this forum has ever seen in Thailand.

As Joni Mitchell once reminded "You don't know what you've got till its gone."

• Like 1

The sign refers to "Wild Elephants" which I would be extremely surprised if a single member of this forum has ever seen in Thailand.

Jambo mate. I saw one very early in the morning, crossing the road. I was on the way to Sakaew with my then girlfriend.
She told me not to sound the horn as it makes them run at you.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Jambo said:

I have Jambs ......😎 ....Mrs cousin works in an elephant sanctuary as a wildlife warden between Soeng Sang and Buriram.

Beautiful peaceful place and so quiet ... main reasons you never see this them is because they are nocturnal. Shy creatures but amazing to see........

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, misteregg said:

Jambo mate. I saw one very early in the morning, crossing the road. I was on the way to Sakaew with my then girlfriend.

I just thought you weren't allowed to play the bugle because they didn't like the competition.

image.png

Or maybe they think you are challenging them to a fight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, nampla69 said:

I have Jambs ......😎 ....Mrs cousin works in an elephant sanctuary as a wildlife warden between Soeng Sang and Buriram.

Beautiful peaceful place and so quiet ... main reasons you never see this them is because they are nocturnal. Shy creatures but amazing to see........

8 hours ago, misteregg said:

I did originally refer to Pattaya in the topic which is self evident as far as wild elephants are concerned. 🤣

For absolute certainty I have met regular customers of Secrets Hotel who had either never seen the beach in daylight or, in at least one individual, never at all.

I think the bigger fact is that the majority of visitors to Pattaya never venture north of Naklua which is a pity as there are some really great things to see in Thailand if one gets out and about. Visitors arrive with lists of things to do and see and chuck the list away after the first night of having their dick polished. Not that there is anything wrong with having one's dick polished.

The area I live in now for three weeks in every month is far from where tourists will venture but I keep being surprised at what I am finding to see. The hidden gems so to speak. On Monday Sai said "We are going to visit somewhere new today - you may get a bit wet." It turned out to be one of my best days in Thailand and I am currently trying to edit over 50 photographs and video clips. Pictorial Report to follow shortly. 

• Like 2

I did originally refer to Pattaya in the topic which is self evident as far as wild elephants are concerned. [emoji1787]
For absolute certainty I have met regular customers of Secrets Hotel who had either never seen the beach in daylight or, in at least one individual, never at all.
I think the bigger fact is that the majority of visitors to Pattaya never venture north of Naklua which is a pity as there are some really great things to see in Thailand if one gets out and about. Visitors arrive with lists of things to do and see and chuck the list away after the first night of having their dick polished. Not that there is anything wrong with having one's dick polished.
The area I live in now for three weeks in every month is far from where tourists will venture but I keep being surprised at what I am finding to see. The hidden gems so to speak. On Monday Sai said "We are going to visit somewhere new today - you may get a bit wet." It turned out to be one of my best days in Thailand and I am currently trying to edit over 50 photographs and video clips. Pictorial Report to follow shortly. 

Yes of course, I’ve never seen a wild one in Pattaya.
  • Thumbs Up 1