Snooker

coxyhog

14 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Looks like they got all of the dust/dye off, but the cloth is damaged where he jumped on.

Yep, a shame as the match can't start again probably tommorrow now. The table has been covered over. 

I would really be interested to know exactly what these wankers were protesting over and why pick snooker  surely they must have bought tickets unless they were able to sneak passed security. Thank God it wasn't an ISIS attack and little damage was done in the end. No doubt being Live TV they wanted the publicity and no doubt,the incident will be reported on the News later this evening.  

Anyway, the good news, is that I have a jacket potato in the oven. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Yep, a shame as the match can't start again probably tommorrow now. The table has been covered over. 

I would really be interested to know exactly what these wankers were protesting over and why pick snooker  surely they must have bought tickets unless they were able to sneak passed security. Thank God it wasn't an ISIS attack and little damage was done in the end. No doubt being Live TV they wanted the publicity and no doubt,the incident will be reported on the News later this evening.  

Anyway, the good news, is that I have a jacket potato in the oven. 

Better than a bun & a lot cheaper....

1 minute ago, Nightcrawler said:

It was the "Just Stop Oil" mob , I don't understand what they think they will achieve by their methods ... 🤷‍♂️

Hussein Vafaei was an absute joy to watch in his winning match against Ding and he got a standing ovation from the crowd even though it was just a first round match 

A bit of horse play with Ronnie O'Sullivan recently and they are next to play each other. Should be a good match

He's quite a funny guy, and I did have a little chuckle when he said that  Ronnie was probably a nice person when he's asleep😁

I like them both, may the best man win. The one to watch In my opinion. 

31 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Hussein Vafaei was an absute joy to watch in his winning match against Ding and he got a standing ovation from the crowd even though it was just a first round match 

A bit of horse play with Ronnie O'Sullivan recently and they are next to play each other. Should be a good match

He's quite a funny guy, and I did have a little chuckle when he said that  Ronnie was probably a nice person when he's asleep😁

I like them both, may the best man win. The one to watch In my opinion. 

Vafaei having a bit of gamesmanship I reckon. Saying even if he loses 13-0 he will still be a winner. So he's covered himself there. 

Not a massive Ronnie fan myself but he's probably the best there's ever been on the green baize and he's currently unwell. 

I hope he destroys Vafaei tbh. And no doubt we will see some of his petulant behaviour during the match ie banging his cue on the floor and grunting etc. He's been warned from match referees before about his behaviour. 

Vafaei that is. 

Edited by Aqualung
Add info

10 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Yer, that was very funny.

10 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Vafaei having a bit of gamesmanship I reckon. Saying even if he loses 13-0 he will still be a winner. So he's covered himself there. 

Not a massive Ronnie fan myself but he's probably the best there's ever been on the green baize and he's currently unwell. 

I hope he destroys Vafaei tbh. And no doubt we will see some of his petulant behaviour during the match ie banging his cue on the floor and grunting etc. He's been warned from match referees before about his behaviour. 

Vafaei that is. 

It goes back to him saying that Ronnie should retire and let the young guys take the game forward, a stupid comment for many reasons, the main one being that the class of 92 are still dominating the sport and Ronnie isn't the oldest.

I hope Ronnie destroys him, but I fear with him being ill and Vafael playing so well things will be close. 

If Ronnie has his long game then he should be OK, unless he doesn't get any run of the balls when Vafael misses.

5 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Just noticed how deep the Tour is and how sharp these guys have to be to make into the 32 of the Main Draw. Un-Nooh had 7 centuries in Qualifying and still came up short

The standard on the tour now is unreal, all of them are very capable, just consistency and being able to perform under pressure of the cameras and lights.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Come on Ronnie, kick his ass!

Reminds me of the Match Play, where Ames said Tiger was “beatable”. What a fool…..lost 9&8, can’t get worse than that. Never been so ashamed to see an athlete wear my flag 🇨🇦, well after Ben Johnson

Unlucky cannon for Ronnie in 3rd,and a superb long red from the Persian to follow