Snooker

coxyhog

I felt a bit for Higgins having played some of his best snooker during the first 12 frames and keeping Robertson out. Then, just as he was only 2 frames away from winning, it all changed and Robertson started to claw back as he has done so many times before when he is behind. I think that had a real psychological effect on Higgins and he began making errors under pressure. Close match and very enjoyable to watch. Snooker at its highest level. Robertson finding that extra gear to win. 

Gotta take my hat of to veterans of the game, like O'Sullivan, Higgins, Williams etc who are still competing at the highest level, where many have dropped off of the circuit to make way for the younger players. 

Higgins must be gutted at again coming so close to wining a Championship match only to be runner up again. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I felt a bit for Higgins having played some of his best snooker during the first 12 frames and keeping Robertson out. Then, just as he was only 2 frames away from winning, it all changed and Robertson started to claw back as he has done so many times before when he is behind. I think that had a real psychological effect on Higgins and he began making errors under pressure. Close match and very enjoyable to watch. Snooker at its highest level. Robertson finding that extra gear to win. 

Gotta take my hat of to veterans of the game, like O'Sullivan, Higgins, Williams etc who are still competing at the highest level, where many have dropped off of the circuit to make way for the younger players. 

Higgins must be gutted at again coming so close to wining a Championship match only to be runner up again. 

I watched it back and also felt for Higgins,  it's such a fine line between being able to clear and win. Robertson mentioned it in his speech, several times Higgins was a fraction from being able to get over the line, but the balls just ran against him. 

That's not taking anything away from Robertson,  who played the best all week and put enormous pressure on Higgins forcing the mistake at the end with the easy miss on the red after he messed up.

A shame because Higgins has been probably the best under pressure player the game has ever seen.

Obviously not so much now he has gotten older. I guess with most thing when getting old, the cracks appear in your bottle and mistakes creep in.

Still amazing to see him still making finals with the standard of the current game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just watching the Selby v Yan match. 22 nd frame of pure safety play with a couple of refereeing warnings thrown in! ( for both players). 

Selby and Yan both quick to depart for a pee and I'm surprised the referee didn't follow. At least 15 mins since a red has been potted. Gripping stuff. 

Where's me cue!!! 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Just watching the Selby v Yan match. 22 nd frame of pure safety play with a couple of refereeing warnings thrown in! ( for both players). 

Selby and Yan both quick to depart for a pee and I'm surprised the referee didn't follow. At least 15 mins since a red has been potted. Gripping stuff. 

Where's me cue!!! 

I watched the later half of the match, some excellent snooker Yan finished it off. This guy is just 22,but has a much older head on his shoulders and deserves to play amongst the best. Foe me it was one of the best matches of the tournament 

• Like 1