Stationary Exercise Bike - Can anyone recco a good bike and online supplier in Thailand for a 91kg guy ?

Pumpuynarak

Depends on budget, but I've seen "life fitness" gear used in Thailand and it is really good quality stuff, albeit expensive. Most UK gyms use it and they have a domestic line of gear as well, better than any peleton product.

I've seen and tried peleton and for me they are slightly gimmicky but are quite well made for the price point.

They (life fitness gear)  does come with a screen and all the other associated stuff, but for a good bit of relaible and sturdy kit, they're a great option. The beauty of the screen is that you can tie it in with a smartwatch which can display heart rate etc for you, handy if maintaining a fat burn level.

10k's on a bike daily is not bad, but depending upon the setting you'll hit that in less than 10 mins exercise fairly easily (12kph is my treadmill running speed).

Given the cost, why not grab yourself a cheap mountain bike and go riding around?. Grab yourself a camelpack and head on yonder?.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd give a Decathlon a go.

They've got outlets in Thailand (huge one in Patts), so you can go sit on the thing and find out if it feels right. Have never bought a bike from them, but every bit of fitness gear I've had from them has been great.

Here's their Thai site, filtered on cardio equipment a few bikes on here

https://www.decathlon.co.th/en/all-sports/fitness-cardio-2624?page=2

They've even got a store in Korat

https://www.decathlon.co.th/en/stores

• Great Info 1

16 hours ago, Butch said:

Given the cost, why not grab yourself a cheap mountain bike and go riding around?. Grab yourself a camelpack and head on yonder?.

On Thailand's murderous roads, you've gotta be kidding lol, not to mention the heat/sun. I much prefer the safety and aircon of my house.

• Thumbs Up 2

51 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

On Thailand's murderous roads, you've gotta be kidding lol, not to mention the heat/sun. I much prefer the safety and aircon of my house.

Could skip the exercise bike altogether and just ride vicariously through YT vids. :default_biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Could skip the exercise bike altogether and just ride vicariously through YT vids. :default_biggrin:

Now that is something i would have done at 16yo but now at my age i like to think i have acquired some common sense lol

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Now that is something i would have done at 16yo but now at my age i like to think i have acquired some common sense lol

I haven't grown up yet. It's something I would, and still do, but at a hell of a lot slower speed.

• Haha 1