Big Rig Car Show in Thailand gets WILD at Night!

Freee!!

Just encountered this on a Dutch forum, thought some here might be interested as well. The only thing I can't figure out is the location, I seem to hear "Petchaburi", but that is to the west of Bangkok, not to the east as said.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

At the Buriram Moto Grand Prix Oct 2019 they used the Farm Trucks as transportation between the venues. Many were decorated in a similar manner as video.

IMG_2577.JPG

IMG_2571.JPG

IMG_2583.JPG

IMG_2570.JPG

IMG_2606.JPG

IMG_2692.JPG

This year's Moto Grand Prix is on the weekend of October 25th. I will be there, cool event!

\

Edited by CalEden
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 7/23/2022 at 9:33 PM, boydeste said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I like his stuff, one of the better guys on YT.

I'll grant he's good at putting a video together, and it's obvious he's really into things powered by a motor, but my praise ends there. IMHO, he lost all credibility and showed what a wanker he really is with a video he posted a year ago during he height of the lockdown.

In the video (link) he parks his relatively new, in good working order motorbike on the Beach Rd footpath. He then proceeds to offer those walking by 1000B if they can knock the bike down with a sledge hammer. Keep in mind that at the time about 200m from where he set this up were long lines of Thais waiting for the daily free food handout.

Then at the end of the video he continues to trash the bike with a front end loader and eventually sets it on fire.

Just shameful behavior at a time many were struggling to survive. The decent thing to have done would have been to auction off the bike and donate the proceeds to any number of the food giveaways going on. Instead the selfish prick destroys a motorbike to garner more clicks to his YT channel.

But his stupidity and selfishness didn't end with that video. His very next video (link) he cements his place in the Wanker Hall of Fame. 

My BP went through the roof when I watched that video where he's racing down a local darkside soi in a V8 car. That soi is one I regularly bike on and has many businesses and housing estates, plus side sois with traffic entering and exiting the soi. Whatever speed he topped out at it was at least 2 or 3 times faster than normal traffic. And the a-hole was hooting and hollering the entire time about what fun it was.

What a fcking wanker.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Surprised 1

18 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I'll grant he's good at putting a video together, and it's obvious he's really into things powered by a motor, but my praise ends there. IMHO, he lost all credibility and showed what a wanker he really is with a video he posted a year ago during he height of the lockdown.

In the video (link) he parks his relatively new, in good working order motorbike on the Beach Rd footpath. He then proceeds to offer those walking by 1000B if they can knock the bike down with a sledge hammer. Keep in mind that at the time about 200m from where he set this up were long lines of Thais waiting for the daily free food handout.

Then at the end of the video he continues to trash the bike with a front end loader and eventually sets it on fire.

Just shameful behavior at a time many were struggling to survive. The decent thing to have done would have been to auction off the bike and donate the proceeds to any number of the food giveaways going on. Instead the selfish prick destroys a motorbike to garner more clicks to his YT channel.

But his stupidity and selfishness didn't end with that video. His very next video (link) he cements his place in the Wanker Hall of Fame. 

My BP went through the roof when I watched that video where he's racing down a local darkside soi in a V8 car. That soi is one I regularly bike on and has many businesses and housing estates, plus side sois with traffic entering and exiting the soi. Whatever speed he topped out at it was at least 2 or 3 times faster than normal traffic. And the a-hole was hooting and hollering the entire time about what fun it was.

What a fcking wanker.

yep, He comes across as an utter prick for pulling stunts like that. No need and basically rubbing people's nose in the fact he's richer than they are.

Driving like that or allowing yourself to be driven like that by someone else on a public road is grade A dicksville. Very easy to get ambitions and capabilities mixed up, plus it doesn't take much to egg on a Thai driver to encourage him to show you how good he is at driving like a complete c**t.

Chucking an E92V8 into an E30 is a herculean task and needs to be done properly, plus they've got an appetite for rod bearings , especially when the living crap is hammered out of them on a regular basis.

The chassis isn't designed for the engine,  it was a standard 325 before, because looking at it they've appeared to have cut away a proportion of the inner chassis rails to fit the engine, so I hope for his sake he's done his due diligence and has ensured that along with the lovely roll cage, it's also been seam welded and strengthened for when he eventually bins it and that lovely V8 he's on about comes through the bulkhead and crushes his legs and the rest of him up against...that lovely roll cage.

Edited by Butch
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Butch said:

yep, He comes across as an utter prick for pulling stunts like that. No need and basically rubbing people's nose in the fact he's richer than they are.

Driving like that or allowing yourself to be driven like that by someone else on a public road is grade A dicksville. Very easy to get ambitions and capabilities mixed up, plus it doesn't take much to egg on a Thai driver to encourage him to show you how good he is at driving like a complete c**t.

Chucking an E92V8 into an E30 is a herculean task and needs to be done properly, plus they've got an appetite for rod bearings , especially when the living crap is hammered out of them on a regular basis.

The chassis isn't designed for the engine,  it was a standard 325 before, because looking at it they've appeared to have cut away a proportion of the inner chassis rails to fit the engine, so I hope for his sake he's done his due diligence and has ensured that along with the lovely roll cage, it's also been seam welded and strengthened for when he eventually bins it and that lovely V8 he's on about comes through the bulkhead and crushes his legs and the rest of him up against...that lovely roll cage.

You sound like you have spent time in the automobile engineering trade 

Used to be able to do that stuff in nz but about 30 years ago if it was modified then it wouldn't pass with out a low volume certification plate ( by a engineer) rivited to the firewall stating what was modified 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nickrock said:

You sound like you have spent time in the automobile engineering trade 

Used to be able to do that stuff in nz but about 30 years ago if it was modified then it wouldn't pass with out a low volume certification plate ( by a engineer) rivited to the firewall stating what was modified 

What got me thinking was when he said it was the original 6sp Manual Gearbox mated to the engine. It sits very close to the bulkhead, so an engine & gearbox from a 2007 - 2013 model car in a chassis that was designed and built in the early 80's for nothing bigger than a straight 6 and possibly removing structural material to accommodate it - what could possibly go wrong?.

There seems a concerning lack of info regarding the conversion, and I'm 100% with you on this, there really needs to be some kind of info as to what has been done, when and how.

As you know, normally it's not hard to spot when something is wrong, and for all intents and purposes, this actually looks quite nice, but under scrutiny it might be a different story. I was watching the steering column shake at 2:42 - 3:00 when he was creaming his pants, which is never an encouraging sign lol!. E92 M3's had hydraulic steering - I'd be interested to know if they transferred the system across and mated it with the E30 set up as that system was driven off the crank.

I think.

He's still an utter cock though.