visa for thai gf to uk

1 hour ago, thunder367 said:

no judging plz.whats the latest requirements for visa for a thai gf to come to uk and price.it better to do it urself or use one of the visa offices and list of who is the one every seems to use to get visas.

Did the visitor visa three times before getting the spouse visa to relocate. 

Can't remember all the costs involved for documents, translations etc., but on each occasion I was living in Thailand at the time, so it was easier to get all the documents, visit the Visa Centre with the gf and get all the translations etc. If I was not living in Thailand, I would have used an agent.

It is quite stressful but the main reason Thais get knocked back is the fact that there is no real evidence that the Thai will return to Thailand once their UK visit is over. As I was living in Thailand at the time it was easier to show a need to return to Thailand. 

You will also need to show longevity in the relationship through photos, mobile phone records, evidence that you have been together for a period of time. No evidence of a genuine relationship (despite a long period together) will see the visa knocked back. I remember being at the Trendy building seeing guys who had done no homework and thought they could just apply and get their girlfriend to the UK on just the application form alone. They had no evidence of a relationship beyond a verbal confirmation.

There is very good detailing of requirements on the Government website (link below). Info can also be gained from other agents websites as below which are worth reading. Once you have  read a few of these sites, you will get a good idea of what is needed..

https://www.gov.uk/apply-to-come-to-the-uk 

https://visalist.io/united-kingdom/visa-requirements/thailand

https://www.thethailandlife.com/uk-visitor-visa-thai-partner

https://www.gov.uk/visa-fees

I am thinking of getting the wife's mother over for a holiday and we were quoted 15000 baht to organise the visa via an agent and another 5000 for the visa. I believe the visa fee is USD130 for a 6 month visitor visa if buying it yourself.

I only want the mother over so I can take a month or so away, never able to get away with wife working and child at school. Mother doing school run will be a boon for me lol

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 5

It's been a while since I did it, but I used a Thai consultant. Fairly straight forward but bank details and accomadation proof etc were required. The second part of a 2 year marriage visa was more complicated and more costly. 

Don't know how much has changed from then 

Great info from H Dave as above. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Presumably @thunder367 will need to sponsor the lady unless she has the financial means to apply on her own terms. Need to show sponsorship for accommodation and financial means to support the lady. Always advised not to book tickets until visa is granted so worth applying as soon as possible. Worth downloading application for to see what is required.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow, this brings back memories from some 15 years ago when I’m sure it was far easier. We used an agent friend who submitted the app but I did all the research and compiled the documents- at that time Thai Visa was useful as well as talking to those who had done it. 

the above info from @Horizondave is spot on. Also, present all your docs in a detailed and easy to read format section by section which makes those viewing it job much easier

good luck with it 👍

• Thumbs Up 1

• 8 months later...

can any recommend a agent in pattaya i know there paul king key visa and visa2britian which i used many yrs ago for a ex but been such a long time since i did one.just wont to see which is best option now.as im currently here in pattaya now till end of march