What cars have you regretted selling? - I might be about to make a mistake...

Butch

3 hours ago, Butch said:

Stan Stephens used to tune LC's and Powervalves as well iirc.

They were horrifically fast, but like many 350 LC's, not unlike a hand grenade with a very loose pin. One of the tips I was always given when looking at a second hand LC was to check for lockwire around the sump plug.

Suzuki absolutely broke the mould with the RG's. The 500's sounded and looked awesome, being a Yamaha fan I always liked the RD500 YPVS , but again, nowadays they're fetching huge sums of money for a half decent one. Plus the Mrs won't let me have another bike anyway, least of all something as ridiculously impractical and fast like an 80's 500cc 2 stroke.

However @galenkia in case you were interested...

https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1618525

Yeh, Stan was the man.

I had a 350 LC too, great bike except for the speed wobble about 100mph

Get a divorce and buy it! 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Chester Draws said:

Yeh, Stan was the man.

I had a 350 LC too, great bike except for the speed wobble about 100mph

Get a divorce and buy it! 

Lol, Although that's a sound idea, it'll end up costing me a lot more than the bike ha ha.

I might work on the basis that forgiveness is easier to get than permission in the future though.

Can you still get spares for the RG's and LC's?.

My last LC (still remember the plate, OPV40W) was awesome, it had a bikini fairing but was otherwise standard. It had the old issue of water running down the throttle cables and into the carbs, thus the fucker refusing to start unless left for 24 hours. It had a set of Pirelli Phantoms on it to help the handling (which they didn't).

I've still got a bit of a need for a GPz 750 turbo in my life still...