Don't shoot the messenger Visa requirements to be enforced effective the 15th?

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Just to clarify. It's not that I'm not able, it's just that I don't want to tie up that amount of money in Thailand when I can earn more than enough by investing the money to cover the agent's fee.

BINGO 👍

Along the same lines here in BKK, my Visa is  up for renewal this month. I have a "Marriage Visa"  so 400k baht is in the bank no problem right?  I use my wife's friend she met in college as she now owns an LLC business that also does Visa's etc. 

From 2016-2019 when I was here before going home until coming back here in 2022, she would come by the house for dinner every year to pick up my Visa. This year the same a few weeks back, get a call from her last week telling me that an Immigration Officer at Chaeng Wattana wants me to be there in person this past Tuesday at 2:00pm. 

I asked her why and she said "Just some new rules, nothing to worry about and no questions will be asked of you" So wifey and I meet her there, wait 40 minutes, this gal comes out and says my name, I go to the desk area where this Officer is there. She does not say a word to me, picks up all this paperwork, picks up my passport, looks at me, motions for me to look into this camera and takes a pic. Then with her hand, motions for me to leave and that is that. From 2016-2019, I NEVER had to show up there at all....

Talking to a guy from Cleveland, Ohio who was there with his Thai wife also. Tells me the same story, using the agent for years and never had to show up until this year. 

Eyenong will be here today at 5:00pm for dinner, passport and all in hand and good for another year. 

IMG_9505.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Along the same lines here in BKK, my Visa is  up for renewal this month. I have a "Marriage Visa"  so 400k baht is in the bank no problem right?  I use my wife's friend she met in college as she now owns an LLC business that also does Visa's etc. 

From 2016-2019 when I was here before going home until coming back here in 2022, she would come by the house for dinner every year to pick up my Visa. This year the same a few weeks back, get a call from her last week telling me that an Immigration Officer at Chaeng Wattana wants me to be there in person this past Tuesday at 2:00pm. 

I asked her why and she said "Just some new rules, nothing to worry about and no questions will be asked of you" So wifey and I meet her there, wait 40 minutes, this gal comes out and says my name, I go to the desk area where this Officer is there. She does not say a word to me, picks up all this paperwork, picks up my passport, looks at me, motions for me to look into this camera and takes a pic. Then with her hand, motions for me to leave and that is that. From 2016-2019, I NEVER had to show up there at all....

Talking to a guy from Cleveland, Ohio who was there with his Thai wife also. Tells me the same story, using the agent for years and never had to show up until this year. 

Eyenong will be here today at 5:00pm for dinner, passport and all in hand and good for another year. 

IMG_9505.JPG

Sounds like a great arrangement Mike, i wish i could find a competent agent to do the same for me in Korat. I've just completed my monthly income retirement visa extension and it took me from 8.45am to 3.15pm visiting my bank and IO to obtain, what a PITA !!!

Your agent's a real looker to ehh Mike 👍

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

IMG_9505.JPG

We now have two data points, BKK and Pattaya, where the procedure has changed requiring the visa holder to show up for a picture. Like you, in years past that wasn't required. Fortunately it's a quick in and out for the picture.

• Thumbs Up 1

Phone call from manerat Thursday 3pm... 36ish hours after dropping passport off. 

Their collection system has changed since last year... it always was one of the ladies at the desk on the right hand side as you entered who gave them back.... they now have a dedicated desk and staff member at the back of the shop, left hand side, and the drawers they keep passports in has been increased in number. My estimate is 20 drawers, 2 with UK labels on which had probably 35 passports in each....

• Like 1