App. Issues

Glasseye

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

Functions on my YT have been acting very strange lately. Start/pause, screen size, etc.

Very frustrating.

Anyone else notice this ?

Nope, only that the adverts seem to be getting longer and longer. I never minded 5 seconds of compulsory watching of the ads and then skip to the video, but now it mostly seems to be a fixed 20 seconds. With all the adverts during videos too, I've given up on it, downloaded around a hundred music videos from Bit Torrents and stuck them on an external HDD to watch, blissfully advert-free. I enjoy watching a bit of music on the TV before I go to sleep, but so many manic Thai adverts on YT were doing my head in.

14 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

Nope, only that the adverts seem to be getting longer and longer. I never minded 5 seconds of compulsory watching of the ads and then skip to the video, but now it mostly seems to be a fixed 20 seconds. With all the adverts during videos too, I've given up on it, downloaded around a hundred music videos from Bit Torrents and stuck them on an external HDD to watch, blissfully advert-free. I enjoy watching a bit of music on the TV before I go to sleep, but so many manic Thai adverts on YT were doing my head in.

I actually do the premium. But, the bullshit seems to be compounding each day.

I hear ya.

18 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Check out this topic for the solution to the YT ads.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Check out this topic for the solution to the YT ads.

I saw that when Larry posted it, but it's only for Android devices and I'm watching it on a (locked-down) Samsung TV. I know I could probably install it on my phone and then cast the ad-free YT video from the phone to the TV, but this stuff is supposed to make your life simpler... lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Something which may be useful for some fellow Yanks out there. Streamlines ID/verification for those accessing government agencies.

I reckon having this properly set up may also assist with accessing other institutions, businesses and agencies as well in the future.

Can save a lot of hassle, and cut down on potential huge nightmarish headaches.

Sure wish this tech was available during covid. Would have saved me a ton of issues.

https://www.id.me/