App. Issues

Glasseye

Sometimes there are complaints or discussions in here regarding various day to day challenges with some apps. Often they can be legit gripes, sometimes something the user (idiots like me) is overlooking something simple to fix. But because of dyslexia or just plain tech burnout finding the solution to the hang up is put on the shelf due to other more important tasks, or just plain not wanting to fcuk with it.

Example... recent discussion related to problems associated with Lazada's PC app. A highly respected and all around good guy @forcebwithu (I call him "The Force") presented a suggestion which helped me to sort out (and least for the most part) the conflict I was having.

I was thinking maybe a thread where app. issues (complaints, solutions, etc.) might be useful (or, maybe not). 

So, I am throwing this one up.

--------------------------

For those who may have a Bangkok Bank account and use their mobile app or on-line banking. Have you been having any difficulties with their app. lately. I sure have. Any other folks having such experiences lately ?

• Like 1

At the moment I use Bolt, Grab, K Bank and Lazada. Occasionally look at the AIS app but that's really flaky.

Find Bolt easiest to use of my ride hailing apps. Nice clean functionally and a search that works. I regularly enter a venue on Bolt, that Grab couldn't find.

I too have had issues with Lazada figuring out things that should be simple. Found the app worked better than the website.

Aside from Bolt all the above suffer from a really poor user interface. They are cluttered with functionally, that I doubt 99 percent of users will even touch.

Useful topic.

I also like the idea of calling the Force, the Force😜

20 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Just checked my Bangkok Bank mobile app and it's working fine. What kind of problem are you having with the app?

Went and got a new debit card. The service at the branch was actually pretty good, besides having to sign the usual 8 or 9 copies/forms. 

Also received specific instructions on how to sign-in on the PC app. (they send you an otp for user ID, and you use the pin that I entered at the time I got the new card.

Came home fired up the PC, tried to sign on following the instructions. Fail.

Tried again. Locked out. Checked the mobile app. they send me some notice about accessability on my android. Tried to sort that out. Fail

Then took the card to atm to see if I could figure out things that route. Fail. Locked out, too many attempts

Now will require another visit to the branch to get things corrected. 

The last time I tried to sort it out on the phone it was futile.

I rarely have issues with my Kbank app. Anytime I have encountered a problem sorted it out with their customer service lickity split. 

• Great Info 1

30 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

At the moment I use Bolt, Grab, K Bank and Lazada. Occasionally look at the AIS app but that's really flaky.

Find Bolt easiest to use of my ride hailing apps. Nice clean functionally and a search that works. I regularly enter a venue on Bolt, that Grab couldn't find.

I too have had issues with Lazada figuring out things that should be simple. Found the app worked better than the website.

Aside from Bolt all the above suffer from a really poor user interface. They are cluttered with functionally, that I doubt 99 percent of users will even touch.

Useful topic.

I also like the idea of calling the Force, the Force😜

Thanks !

Grab can be a real mess at times. But it has all my info. so I have been hesitant to start using Bolt up here in CM.  I may start considering using Bolt more often to see how that goes.

I just learned yesterday that you can switch Thai sims and keep the same number. I am fed up with True H. I was considering switching to AIS as I have "heard" they are better overall. A nice lady I was speaking with yesterday recommended DTAC.

Might actually do that change within the next couple of days. 

15 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Went and got a new debit card. The service at the branch was actually pretty good, besides having to sign the usual 8 or 9 copies/forms. 

Also received specific instructions on how to sign-in on the PC app. (they send you an otp for user ID, and you use the pin that I entered at the time I got the new card.

Tried again. Locked out. Checked the mobile app. they send me some notice about accessability on my android. Tried to sort that out. Fail

Then took the card to atm to see if I could figure out things that route. Fail. Locked out, too many attempts

I rarely have issues with my Kbank app. Anytime I have encountered a problem sorted it out with their customer service lickity split. 

I think you're having the same problem I had a few months ago.

I had made a trip to their office to get a replacement ATM card for my expired one. While there I gave them my phone and asked them to activate the mobile app for me.

That done I got home and tried to access my account via my laptop web browser. No joy there. Gave their customer service a call, got right through to a very helpful CSR who instructed me on how to get my browser access back.

What happened is the mobile app uses a multi-digit number for a user name. When the mobile app was activated that number replaced the username I've been using for many years for website access. All I needed to do was logon to the website using that number.

There's a way to change the website username to back to what I was using before, but for the life of me I can't find where to do that now. Might have been something the CSR gave me temporary access to.

Hope this helps, but if it doesn't I would suggest saving yourself a trip to the office and try calling customer service. The number is 1333.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I think you're having the same problem I had a few months ago.

I had made a trip to their office to get a replacement ATM card for my expired one. While there I gave them my phone and asked them to activate the mobile app for me.

That done I got home and tried to access my account via my laptop web browser. No joy there. Gave their customer service a call, got right through to a very helpful CSR who instructed me on how to get my browser access back.

What happened is the mobile app uses a multi-digit number for a user name. When the mobile app was activated that number replaced the username I've been using for many years for website access. All I needed to do was logon to the website using that number.

There's a way to change the website username to back to what I was using before, but for the life of me I can't find where to do that now. Might have been something the CSR gave me temporary access to.

Hope this helps, but if it doesn't I would suggest saving yourself a trip to the office and try calling customer service. The number is 1333.

Another great one Force.

First thing, it's nice to know I'm not the only one.   lol

Secondly, your recommendation on calling them is probably where I should start. Many times in the past the call taker(s) at  BKK were reasonably easy to understand. The last call I made was at an odd time (I think on a weekend), and unfortunately I had a great deal of trouble understanding her. 

I think what I am going to do is get the mobile app. up and running again, hopefully on the phone. Then following that just not bother even signing on the PC app. which will probably just muck up everything.

And you are correct with the sign on. They give you a temp. OTP code to sign on (you have 3 days). Somehow in the process of doing that things got bent out of shape and went haywire. 

The bots are ultra sensitive with all of the fraud going on. 

Edited by Glasseye

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

Grab can be a real mess at times. But it has all my info. so I have been hesitant to start using Bolt up here in CM.  I may start considering using Bolt more often to see how that goes.

I know guys who much prefer Grab. I've had 2 poor experiences using them in BKK, so am reluctant to use them.

Have probably just been unlucky but Grabs drop off search doesn't work as well as Bolt's. That's the clincher for me, the single most important function in the app.

One thing aside though, many drivers use both. You can see them flicking between apps, not when their busy sending Line messages though 😔

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

I know guys who much prefer Grab. I've had 2 poor experiences using them in BKK, so am reluctant to use them.

Have probably just been unlucky but Grabs drop off search doesn't work as well as Bolt's. That's the clincher for me, the single most important function in the app.

One thing aside though, many drivers use both. You can see them flicking between apps, not when their busy sending Line messages though 😔

I think You're correct regarding the switching between apps. but may vary from region to region.

I have found issues with Grab on the pick up location function in some cases also. It appears to have improved and over time I have become more familiar with things like sending pics of my location, etc. But it can sometimes be a pain in the ass to get the pick up spot entered accurately. 

A big learning curve with some of these apps.

--------------------------

An issue in Bangkok and some other places is the drivers will accept. But then ask you to meet them at a nearby location that can often be problematic. Usually because they are afraid of getting their asses kicked.

Fortunately I never have that problem up here. Really is different. Over time you begin to really notice the difference in general attitudes, kind of a bellwether for me regarding the overall social atmosphere.

Edited by Glasseye
  • Great Info 1

3 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Bangkok Bank app sucks I guess if you live in Thailand it's ok but if you change phone your screwed it can only be livened up at the bank 

Here in nz I just down load the app put in my customer no and pin and I'm away

Does anybody else use the SCB app on their phone? I much prefer doing stuff on my PC, with a proper screen and keyboard, but that's no longer an option with SCB. Anyway, with the old and now-defunct website, it automatically kept a drop-down list of people you've transferred money to in the past. This made it easy (too easy, lol!) to send the GF money, as well as paying annual bills like the village maintenance fee and car insurance and so on. The phone app, though, seems to insist on me filling in the bank account number every single time, unless I'm missing something. So that's my question: does the SCB app store the names and account numbers of people you've paid in the past, and if so where, or do you really have to type it in every single damn time?

24 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

Does anybody else use the SCB app on their phone? I much prefer doing stuff on my PC, with a proper screen and keyboard, but that's no longer an option with SCB. Anyway, with the old and now-defunct website, it automatically kept a drop-down list of people you've transferred money to in the past. This made it easy (too easy, lol!) to send the GF money, as well as paying annual bills like the village maintenance fee and car insurance and so on. The phone app, though, seems to insist on me filling in the bank account number every single time, unless I'm missing something. So that's my question: does the SCB app store the names and account numbers of people you've paid in the past, and if so where, or do you really have to type it in every single damn time?

The banks here are getting super paranoid about accessesability to info. that might be able to be pulled from your phone if you lose it or it is stolen.

I am not familiar with SCB's site. There may be something within the settings that can be adjusted to get the info. you are asking about. But it might be that they completely dropped that function for security. 

A couple of days ago K bank forced me to take a "security" quiz before I could even sign on. The questions were so basic that a 3rd grader could have answered them. That kind of shit tells what we are dealing with.

18 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

The banks here are getting super paranoid about accessesability to info. that might be able to be pulled from your phone if you lose it or it is stolen.

I am not familiar with SCB's site. There may be something within the settings that can be adjusted to get the info. you are asking about. But it might be that they completely dropped that function for security. 

A couple of days ago K bank forced me to take a "security" quiz before I could even sign on. The questions were so basic that a 3rd grader could have answered them. That kind of shit tells what we are dealing with.

To be fair, it's not just the Thais. I have an O2 sim for when I'm back in the UK, and need it working here to receive OTP texts to access certain sites. Two years ago, the sim was disconnected, so I had to find a phone number where I could speak to an actual human being at the O2 end, and that was no easy thing as I recall. When I eventually found the number and, after the usual nonsense, spoke to a person, he said it was because my credit had run out, even though I still had over a fiver left in my account. I didn't really understand what the reason was, but said OK, I'll just top up with £15, but first I'll need to get the sim reactivated. No problem, he replied, all I need is the ID number that's inscribed on your O2 sim. WTF??? I use a dual sim phone, and one of them is, of course the O2 sim, so opening it up to find out the ID would disconnect the call from the other sim. I explained this to him, but he said it's their protocols, he has to have the ID. I said that even if I was a fraud, what possible harm could it do for me to top up the sim account with £15 of my own money? Nope, it's them damn protocols again. So I had to shut down the call, extract the micro sim (no easy feat with my sausage fingers), photograph the ID, put it back together again (also no easy feat), then go through the whole process of contacting a human operator once more. I was not amused, I can tell you.

1 hour ago, Toy Boy said:

I have the SCB mobile app. Just did a transfer to my Bangkok Bank account. After confirming the transfer, there was an option to "Add to favorite" which I did. That favorite now appears at the top of the transfer screen which you can then use to initiate future transfers.

And SCB's decision to bin their website was a very stupid, short sighted move on their part, IMHO. I'll hazard a guess they lost quite a bit of business from that move. The only reason I still have and use their mobile app is because my SCB account is what my Lazada Wallet is set up to use. I'm too lazy to change that, so only transfer money into SCB when I need to fund my Wallet.

• Great Info 1

21 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

To be fair, it's not just the Thais. I have an O2 sim for when I'm back in the UK, and need it working here to receive OTP texts to access certain sites. Two years ago, the sim was disconnected, so I had to find a phone number where I could speak to an actual human being at the O2 end, and that was no easy thing as I recall. When I eventually found the number and, after the usual nonsense, spoke to a person, he said it was because my credit had run out, even though I still had over a fiver left in my account. I didn't really understand what the reason was, but said OK, I'll just top up with £15, but first I'll need to get the sim reactivated. No problem, he replied, all I need is the ID number that's inscribed on your O2 sim. WTF??? I use a dual sim phone, and one of them is, of course the O2 sim, so opening it up to find out the ID would disconnect the call from the other sim. I explained this to him, but he said it's their protocols, he has to have the ID. I said that even if I was a fraud, what possible harm could it do for me to top up the sim account with £15 of my own money? Nope, it's them damn protocols again. So I had to shut down the call, extract the micro sim (no easy feat with my sausage fingers), photograph the ID, put it back together again (also no easy feat), then go through the whole process of contacting a human operator once more. I was not amused, I can tell you.

Man, I feel your pain. I could write a book about the shit I went through with sims, otp's, damaged phones, verification, banking during covid. Everything is tied into the fcuking phone number.

I have said this before in this forum. There can be a cascading effect of issues and problems that can arise from this kind of shit. 

Hours on hold trying to get through to a human being, and that just scratches the surface.

I am still sorting out some of the crapola that arose from the debacle. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Around 2.5 years ago Kasikorn got a new IT team in, and their website promptly was turned into a mess.  They took away features like being able to type your own notes on entries, redid pages that absolutely do not shift focus to where you need to be on the oversized pages you have to scroll through, such as to enter an OTP.  Very amateur.

Example today, I always first select a quick link to Kasikorn's exchange rate page in English.  When I select login to KBIZ is switches to Thai.  I switch to English and press Login.  It goes to the username/password page in Thai.  I switch to English again so I can log in.  I guess somebody's nephew was put in charge and the good programmers of a few years ago are gone.

At least they still have a website.  If they ever went phone app only I'd end my 30+ years of business with them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, forcebwithu said:

I have the SCB mobile app. Just did a transfer to my Bangkok Bank account. After confirming the transfer, there was an option to "Add to favorite" which I did. That favorite now appears at the top of the transfer screen which you can then use to initiate future transfers.

And SCB's decision to bin their website was a very stupid, short sighted move on their part, IMHO. I'll hazard a guess they lost quite a bit of business from that move. The only reason I still have and use their mobile app is because my SCB account is what my Lazada Wallet is set up to use. I'm too lazy to change that, so only transfer money into SCB when I need to fund my Wallet.

Half the time I go to a BKK ATM it is out of order. The software is ancient.

1 minute ago, Glasseye said:

Half the time I go to a BKK ATM it is out of order. The software is ancient.

I've noticed that as well. Seems BKK ATM's are out of order more times than their competitors. Not really a problem as I just jump on the working competitor's ATM next to the non-functioning BKK one.

Today it is FED EX that is causing my heartburn to flare up.

I have their mobile app. on my phone. Occassionally I have a FED EX delivery from the U.S.

So I start getting these text messages in Thai script. Usually with a number attached and/or a link.

I connect to the link, try to sign on 15 different ways. Fail. 

So, I call customer service (Thailand). Get some girl who barely speaks a lick of English, and of course she has got her headset on improperly so I can't hear jack even if she could speak perfect English.

So, I give up on it. Call back ten minutes later, go through the whole fcucking process again. This time I get a girl who I could understand. Tells me the text are from the local driver telling me he is going to deliver the package some time today. 

I tell her (nicely) that if the guy is going to send me a message send it to me in English. Better yet, just deliver the fcucking thing. If I am not home then leave it at the gate. 

7 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I've noticed that as well. Seems BKK ATM's are out of order more times than their competitors. Not really a problem as I just jump on the working competitor's ATM next to the non-functioning BKK one.

For a basic cash withdrawl yes. But there are times when you want to use a particular banks site for changing pins and things like that. Or, it might be the only ATM around.

My home bank reimburses all ATM fees, so that is not a big issued for me. 

The main point I am making is the differences in software and the reliability of their services.

32 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

That's useful, thanks. I'll try that the next time I send some money, I'm sure the GF will be demanding more soon enough, lol.

52 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Today it is FED EX that is causing my heartburn to flare up.

I have their mobile app. on my phone. Occassionally I have a FED EX delivery from the U.S.

So I start getting these text messages in Thai script. Usually with a number attached and/or a link.

I connect to the link, try to sign on 15 different ways. Fail. 

So, I call customer service (Thailand). Get some girl who barely speaks a lick of English, and of course she has got her headset on improperly so I can't hear jack even if she could speak perfect English.

So, I give up on it. Call back ten minutes later, go through the whole fcucking process again. This time I get a girl who I could understand. Tells me the text are from the local driver telling me he is going to deliver the package some time today. 

I tell her (nicely) that if the guy is going to send me a message send it to me in English. Better yet, just deliver the fcucking thing. If I am not home then leave it at the gate. 

My phone (Oppo Reno 8 T 5G) has a side app panel that you can pull out and one of the apps does a screen translation. If your phone doesn't have something like that, try taking a screenshot of the message and then get Google Translate to translate the photo for you using the Camera option to find the screenshot you just took (odd-looking widget just to the left of the shutter release button on my phone). Bolt's app automatically translates text messages, I'd hope other companies will follow suit in time.

• Great Info 1

10 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

My phone (Oppo Reno 8 T 5G) has a side app panel that you can pull out and one of the apps does a screen translation. If your phone doesn't have something like that, try taking a screenshot of the message and then get Google Translate to translate the photo for you using the Camera option to find the screenshot you just took (odd-looking widget just to the left of the shutter release button on my phone). Bolt's app automatically translates text messages, I'd hope other companies will follow suit in time.

Thanks I don't have that function on the phone.

I use google translate constantly, but I am not good at doing the screen shot thing. I need to work on that some, but I usually hate when people send me screen shots.

On a PC I can handle just about anything. But with mobiles it can be a real pain in the ass when out in 40 degree direct sun light. That kind of thing can put me into a bit of a tizzy.

19 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

Many thanks.

I am still getting used to my new Oppo phone and although I have made use of the "side app panel"  I never noticed the link to the screen translation.