E visa

coxyhog

I've just been trying to get an evisa on the Thai embassy website.It wants all accommodation in Thailand....my missus doesn't know the address of her house in Korat.She's going to try & get it from a neighbour but then it wants proof uploading.

All I have for our Bangkok hotel is an email from booking.com,how do I convert that into something I can upload to their website?

Can you still go to the London embassy & apply there,used to be a lot easier than this sh!te.

Maybe I'll just go to Korat immigration for an extension.

3 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I've just been trying to get an evisa on the Thai embassy website.It wants all accommodation in Thailand....my missus doesn't know the address of her house in Korat.She's going to try & get it from a neighbour but then it wants proof uploading.

All I have for our Bangkok hotel is an email from booking.com,how do I convert that into something I can upload to their website?

Can you still go to the London embassy & apply there,used to be a lot easier than this sh!te.

Maybe I'll just go to Korat immigration for an extension.

Just put down your first address, many of the questions on the visa are pointless , take a screen grab of the booking and convert to a pdf  .... each section can only accept one upload anyway ... I had five pages of passport stamps to upload but could only do one ... it was accepted anyway 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Just put down your first address, many of the questions on the visa are pointless , take a screen grab of the booking and convert to a pdf  .... each section can only accept one upload anyway ... I had five pages of passport stamps to upload but could only do one ... it was accepted anyway 

I would print that email with the booking to PDF (standard functionality in both Windows and Linux) and upload that.

2 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

I would print that email with the booking to PDF (standard functionality in both Windows and Linux) and upload that.

I'm sure that should be adequate because many people travel around, and won't know where they are going to stay. 

5 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I'm sure that should be adequate because many people travel around, and won't know where they are going to stay. 

My point was a complete PDF of the email vs a screenshot.

17 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

All I have for our Bangkok hotel is an email from booking.com,how do I convert that into something I can upload to their website? print it, take a pic of it, upload pic. When i did mine you could take pics and save them straight to the site. My booking was only for the first few days of a 6 month stay

Can you still go to the London embassy & apply there,used to be a lot easier than this sh!te. Maybe not possible any more

Maybe I'll just go to Korat immigration for an extension. If you're staying less than 60 days, enter on a visa exempt 30 day stamp and extend it

My answers in the quoted post

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

I worked out how to change the email to PDF, completed the form & paid the money.

Thanks for the replies.

Actually thought the attachment on a Booking.Com email was in PDF format when opening. Certainly is on Agoda, I believe,

Looked at quite a few Google links for getting an e-visa and it appears most say you just need the first nights accommodation confirmed and uploaded. Of course if you have a longer stay then fine.

Glad you got it all sorted. My mate is doing his first one tomorrow after he books his flights, I hope he has no issues.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Glad you got it all sorted. My mate is doing his first one tomorrow after he books his flights, I hope he has no issues.

I hope I did get it sorted,no reply yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bit late to the party, but I also show my first few days hotel booking by taking a screen shot of the email and uploading the jpeg. 

Been accepted for a 60 TR several times now.

You can log back in and see the current status of your application. If additional info is required, they will ask for it there.

Mine usually get processed within a week.

Good luck.

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

I was looking at latest transactions on my credit card just now & there was £30 to Kasikorn Bank Hong Kong.

I rang the cc & they said it was a government service....

Hoping it was the evisa fee.

Strange that it goes to Hong Kong.

18 hours ago, coxyhog said:

I was looking at latest transactions on my credit card just now & there was £30 to Kasikorn Bank Hong Kong.

I rang the cc & they said it was a government service....

Hoping it was the evisa fee.

Strange that it goes to Hong Kong.

Pretty sure mine was the same.

• Thumbs Up 1