IDP

coxyhog

Just went get our International Driving Permit's for our upcoming trip & the validity is now 3 years whereas it always used to be one.

Still only £5.50....it must be the only thing in the world that hasn't gone up in price for years.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Just went get our International Driving Permit's for our upcoming trip & the validity is now 3 years whereas it always used to be one.

Still only £5.50....it must be the only thing in the world that hasn't gone up in price for years.

That is probably because that reflects it true value. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Used to be the 1949 version only valid for 1 year, now 1968 version good for 3 years.

Source:

Driving abroad: Check if you need an international driving permit (IDP) - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

International Driving Permit | Post Office®

I did read that the Post Office agreement to supply IDPs expires soon, awaiting further information.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Last one I got was on-line. I checked them out real good (I thought),  before following through on it.

When I went for my last visa update my guy said the Int. D.L. I had was bogus. I was P.O.'d !

5 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Last one I got was on-line. I checked them out real good (I thought),  before following through on it.

When I went for my last visa update my guy said the Int. D.L. I had was bogus. I was P.O.'d !

An IDP (a valid one anyway) is issued by an authorized organisation from the country that issued the actual drivers license.

For example

Who is authorized to issue IDP in USA?

How to get the International Driver's Permit. Historically, there has been a couple of organizations authorized by the U.S. Department of State to issue an IDP: the American Automobile Association (AAA) and the American Automobile Touring Alliance (AATA).

• Great Info 1

14 minutes ago, fygjam said:

An IDP (a valid one anyway) is issued by an authorized organisation from the country that issued the actual drivers license.

For example

Who is authorized to issue IDP in USA?

How to get the International Driver's Permit. Historically, there has been a couple of organizations authorized by the U.S. Department of State to issue an IDP: the American Automobile Association (AAA) and the American Automobile Touring Alliance (AATA).

🤐