Golf

Archie43

2 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

GMac qualified for The Open next month at Royal Portrush because of his finish today 👍

I'm a big fan on Darren Clarke, as a person as much as a golfer. He's quality!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Krapow said:

I'm a big fan on Darren Clarke, as a person as much as a golfer. He's quality!

Oh he ain’t as cool as you think he is.

i lost a lot of respect for him after my friend Caddied for him ,when he won the Open.

He’s  not the loevely nice guy everyone thinks he is.

Hes another Kuch.

3 hours ago, Skalliwag said:

i lost a lot of respect for him after my friend Caddied for him ,when he won the Open.

Hes another Kuch.

Can't stand Kuch, don't get the love of him by the galleries.

Feel free share some juicy stories about Clarke, can't trust some of these guys from the North of Ireland😀

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Skalliwag said:

Hes another Kuch.

15 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Feel free share some juicy stories about Clarke, can't trust some of these guys from the North of Ireland😀

Ach, the guy's been through a lot, give em a break. And anyway, just being from Northern Ireland makes him cool as f**k  :default_biggrin:

• Haha 1

I've done Cantlay 20/1, Na 125/1 both 8 places.

Then in possibly the worst thought out punt I've ever had McIlroy at 8s, 10 places- I thought it would give me an interest watching. Then I looked at his form, missed the last 3 US Open cuts (maybe I should have done that before punting 😜..) Then a mate reminded me it was in California so with the time difference in the first 2 they could still be playing at 3AM UK time.

Edited by Lemondropkid

6 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Then in possibly the worst thought out punt I've ever had McIlroy at 8s, 10 places- I thought it would give me an interest watching. Then I looked at his form, missed the last 3 US Open cuts (maybe I should have done that before punting 😜..) Then a mate reminded me it was in California so with the time difference in the first 2 they could still be playing at 3AM UK time.

Rory is favourite and the only reason he played the Canadian Open ( his first time ) is that the greens are the same grass as Pebble Beach , apparently ...... he's certainly the in form player at the moment.. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So pleased for GMac getting to play the Open at Portrush. He was hoping for a good finish.
The usual Rory fans will be queuing up to tell us how he’s going to win the US Open now but forgetting his shit form in majors.
I’m going for Ooshousen, because I always do.

On 6/10/2019 at 12:03 AM, Krapow said:

Ach, the guy's been through a lot, give em a break. And anyway, just being from Northern Ireland makes him cool as f**k  :default_biggrin:

He ain’t been through that much.If you’re talking about the loss of his missus,he had that covered before she departed.

Being Northern Irish is probably the worst of it.😊

On 6/9/2019 at 11:46 PM, Lemondropkid said:

True that.👍

On 6/10/2019 at 9:55 PM, Lemondropkid said:

All starts today- have added Schuaffle 28s, Woods(!!!) 12s, Mickelson 55s, Sneds 50s and Grace 125s.

Gone further overboard with a punt on Johnson First Round Leader( FRL) at 18s ( 5 places).  Found some stats on the Majors in 31 starts he's been FRL on 4 occasions and Top 5 on 9, so despite being very obvious still "value"

He's an early starter at 8-13 AM local time, 16-13 BST- the statistics also put up a small bias towards early starts but still a roulette punt 😀

Going to be relieved when Royal Ascot starts next week, can lose on something that I'll know after the event exactly why it went wrong 🤯

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Thumbs Up 1

Was just watching the Golf Channel, Chamblee chose Cantlay, Nobilo and Duval both chose Koepka. Hard to see him not near the top, but if the wind blows hard, who knows? Forecast is ~10mph all 4 days. 

Almost just cried, they showed Payne Stewart winning in 1999, 4 months before his plane crashed. What a tragedy, if the man had been poor like the rest of us and flown commercial or driven himself, he’d still be with us. Almost 20 years now,  it feels like yesterday. I remember watching CNN live and not wanting to believe what was happening. 

• Thumbs Up 1