What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

15 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

I believe this was from their hey day on "Eat a Peach" (some of their last recordings when Duane was still alive). I also really liked "Stormy Monday" from the "Live at the Fillmore" album.

Incredible album, live. Just fcuking great !

15 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

I believe this was from their hey day on "Eat a Peach" (some of their last recordings when Duane was still alive). I also really liked "Stormy Monday" from the "Live at the Fillmore" album.

Duane was one of the greatest ever, no question. But I always dug Dickey better for some reason.

11 hours ago, Glasseye said:

We were all "Brothers" freaks in H.S.  They were Gods to us.

At the time, I was in and recently out of college. I am older than some of you "Young Turks". Still I remember rolling a few doobies of Ganja for sales purposes with some friends on the album cover of "Eat a Peach" when it came out. It was then that I found out that Duane was gone. I was not real good at staying abreast with the news in those days. 

My senior year at SIU, I had a Ganja connection via Atlanta. I made money my senior year, which is a bit of a blur. Same mistake most dealers make -> too much time in the Quality Control Room. 🙂 At least I did not get busted, but with the traffic that was coming through my mobile home at the time -> thank you for your forgiveness neighbors. 🙂

On 11/13/2023 at 2:13 AM, Trip said:

That was the opening number back on Feb 2011 here at Impact Arena. God, The Eagles were good. It was on this night, that I realized how great they were and the harmonies from these guys especially on this number really stood out. Glenn Frey was still around and so glad I took wifey to see them. Every number they played that night was just done to perfection.....truly amazing. 

One other caveat from that evening, this was the first night of their SE Asia tour back in 2011, they were in Bangkok, rented out Impact Arena for the entire week to rehearse. How do I know? Joe Walsh told everyone. He also told everyone that this a great country, they love this place and he "might have to get a part time job" as his wife was buying a ton of 23ct Jewelry while here. 

My wife loves me for ever now, she told me after this show, I believe her, cause she's not like other Thai girls...she doesn't tell lies. LOL! 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagles/2011/impact-arena-muang-thong-thani-bangkok-thailand-63d226ff.html

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

At the time, I was in and recently out of college. I am older than some of you "Young Turks". Still I remember rolling a few doobies of Ganja for sales purposes with some friends on the album cover of "Eat a Peach" when it came out. It was then that I found out that Duane was gone. I was not real good at staying abreast with the news in those days. 

My senior year at SIU, I had a Ganja connection via Atlanta. I made money my senior year, which is a bit of a blur. Same mistake most dealers make -> too much time in the Quality Control Room. 🙂 At least I did not get busted, but with the traffic that was coming through my mobile home at the time -> thank you for your forgiveness neighbors. 🙂

Weren't those tin roofed roach motels lovely !

2 hours ago, Yessongs said:

That was the opening number back on Feb 2011 here at Impact Arena. God, The Eagles were good. It was on this night, that I realized how great they were and the harmonies from these guys especially on this number really stood out. Glenn Frey was still around and so glad I took wifey to see them. Every number they played that night was just done to perfection.....truly amazing. 

One other caveat from that evening, this was the first night of their SE Asia tour back in 2011, they were in Bangkok, rented out Impact Arena for the entire week to rehearse. How do I know? Joe Walsh told everyone. He also told everyone that this a great country, they love this place and he "might have to get a part time job" as his wife was buying a ton of 23ct Jewelry while here. 

My wife loves me for ever now, she told me after this show, I believe her, cause she's not like other Thai girls...she doesn't tell lies. LOL! 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagles/2011/impact-arena-muang-thong-thani-bangkok-thailand-63d226ff.html

Saw them 3 times. First time they played with Linda Ronstadt - tremdous show. The Second time was with the Stones at Milwaukee County Stadium. That was the tour when Joe Wlash joined up with them. The highlight of the show IMO was when Billy Preston came out -

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

I used to always use the album cover to "Billion Dollar Babies" for rolling doobs, or often whatever else was readily available.

Our trailer always stunk of spilt bong water.   5555 

Edited by Glasseye