What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

On 5/8/2024 at 12:30 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

I've done Earls Court Mike to see Simple Minds, have seen them on 5 occasions, just love them.....

I had a look this morning mate had a presale code and loads of seats were coming up at £250 (all dates sold now) Not a chance I was paying that.

Iv just booked my ticket to come to LOS on 30th Dec a day or two ago and iv manged to get a ticket for Foo Fighters at Old Trafford Cricket ground for £99 so he can go f*** himself at £250.

Crazy money now.

A shame , but...

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, roomark said:

I had a look this morning mate had a presale code and loads of seats were coming up at £250 (all dates sold now) Not a chance I was paying that.

Iv just booked my ticket to come to LOS on 30th Dec a day or two ago and iv manged to get a ticket for Foo Fighters at Old Trafford Cricket ground for £99 so he can go f*** himself at £250.

Crazy money now.

A shame , but...

It's getting daft now. 

I wanted to go and see Stevie Nicks in Manchester in June this year but the price put me off. 

Tickets cost around £250 up to £404 for a seat!!! 

Add on the cost of travelling from Sweden, hotel etc... Just not worth it. 

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Aqualung said:

It's getting daft now. 

I wanted to go and see Stevie Nicks in Manchester in June this year but the price put me off. 

You're right mate crazy money.

I think the new CoOp Live Arena is gonna take the complete piss with prices.

If they ever manage to sort their shit out and open.

Edited by roomark

9 hours ago, roomark said:

Crazy money now.

A shame , but...

I had a conversation with wifey and for whatever reason she did'nt want to go, probaly the best outcome as i'm not convinced many PF songs would feature. At that sort of price i would want to be guaranteed to hear the songs we both really like.

FF will be good especially at that price, enjoy enjoy......

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, roomark said:

Crazy money now.

A shame , but...

8 hours ago, roomark said:

You're right mate crazy money.

I think the new CoOp Live Arena is gonna take the complete piss with prices.

If they ever manage to sort their shit out and open.

3 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I had a conversation with wifey and for whatever reason she did'nt want to go, probaly the best outcome as i'm not convinced many PF songs would feature. At that sort of price i would want to be guaranteed to hear the songs we both really like.

FF will be good especially at that price, enjoy enjoy......

Yep, getting ridiculous. I couldn't relax and enjoy myself at those prices, even if I had the dosh to burn.

• Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, Aqualung said:

It's getting daft now. 

That’s what happens when people don’t pay for music anymore, it’s how they make money.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Binlid said:

Never tire of listening to this piece of music, Jazz soul funk at it`s very best, intro finishes at 2:19.

I knew the tune instantly, but have never seen the film it's from ...  had to google it ... 👍

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Binlid said:

Never tire of listening to this piece of music, Jazz soul funk at it`s very best, intro finishes at 2:19.

Wow Gary, BIG thanks for that.

I have never seen or heard that before, parts of the guitar playing I thought I recognised from another tune, but

WOW, how good was that?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I have never seen or heard that before, parts of the guitar playing I thought I recognised from another tune, but

WOW, how good was that?

It got to number six in the charts in 1989  Dave Stewart and Candy Dulfer 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, boydeste said:

WOW, how good was that?

It was released in 1989 and Dave Stewart of the Eurythmics was the original guitarist. It reached No6 on the UK chart and No11 on the American Billboard.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

I hope you're not tapping your toes to these .... 😜 555

There only one toe I`m not tapping :default_getdown:

Apparently Prince famously once said "when he wants SAX he just calls Candy"

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just watching TOTP 1984 ... Spandau Ballet on there , also had a Sax player in the band  ... a few others spring to mind Madness , Sade , Gerry Rafferty , Jean Michelle Jarre ( Rendevous ) 🎷

• Like 2

Always been a big fan of the saxophone ever since I heard Jnr Walker & the All Stars back in the late 60's.This was the first single I ever bought with my own money at 16 years of age.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2