What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

On 12/16/2023 at 4:42 PM, Krapow said:

Quite pleased i sent over March/April's money via Wise a couple of days ago.

Paid with card (£10) but still got 44.5

And again :default_biggrin:

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like the dollar is making another push back up to 35. TBH, the price of a beer, hasn't really changed in 30 years in real terms. My first time in Patts back in '94, the exchange rate to the USD was 25/1 and a beer was commonly priced at a beer bar on Beach Rd, 2nd Rd or even WS at roughly 45 to 50 baht for a bottle, with a few bars inland, such as Micky's, selling beer at HH for as little as 35 baht.

Now, plenty of places offering happy hour bottled beer at 55-60 baht, or 70 at night, so purchasing power for Yanks pretty much the same.

For you other vets using the pound, euro, Aussie dollar, etc...who first came to Patts in the mid-90s or so, has the beer prices basically been the same for you guys as well?

No need to talk about the inflation with the girls. That ship sailed away many years ago.

• Great Info 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Looks like the dollar is making another push back up to 35. TBH, the price of a beer, hasn't really changed in 30 years in real terms. My first time in Patts back in '94, the exchange rate to the USD was 25/1 and a beer was commonly priced at a beer bar on Beach Rd, 2nd Rd or even WS at roughly 45 to 50 baht for a bottle, with a few bars inland, such as Micky's, selling beer at HH for as little as 35 baht.

Now, plenty of places offering happy hour bottled beer at 55-60 baht, or 70 at night, so purchasing power for Yanks pretty much the same.

For you other vets using the pound, euro, Aussie dollar, etc...who first came to Patts in the mid-90s or so, has the beer prices basically been the same for you guys as well?

No need to talk about the inflation with the girls. That ship sailed away many years ago.

from my experience ...

Early 90's  GBPTHB was around 40 and a mixed drink was 40 so £1

Mid 2000's GBPTHB was around 60 and a mixed drink was about 120 so £2

now post-Brexit £/THB is about GBPTHB 43 and mixed drinks are about 150 so £3.50 

obviously there are places where cheaper drinks are available, but these are average prices I've been charged in the bars I frequent the most 

Edited by Stillearly
  • Like 1