What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

7 minutes ago, richy65 said:

Poor rates in Lamai. 40 baht to the GBP, same all around town 

If you're a regular visitor, why not get a Bank account, easily done on a tourist visa by using an agent , I did it in Patts using TikTok services, then you can just use the local ATMs 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

If you're a regular visitor, why not get a Bank account, easily done on a tourist visa by using an agent , I did it in Patts using TikTok services, then you can just use the local ATMs 

Good advice, I’ve looked into it but it seems a bit of a nightmare from all the different stories I’ve heard. 

Just now, Butch said:

GBP dropping slightly, probably on the news of lowering interest rates and inflation.

come on you Tories!! (worry wrong thread lol).

I want my 44 baht to the pound like it was on my last visit. Otherwise, I will be drinking Leo on the steps of a 7/11 in January 😁😁😁

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I want my 44 baht to the pound like it was on my last visit. Otherwise, I will be drinking Leo on the steps of a 7/11 in January 😁😁😁

To be fair, that's not a million miles away from the lifestyle of a few Pattaya Expats* these days. I expect you to be in full cheap charlie regalia, Chang vest, dirty shorts, sandals with no socks and a 2 baht gold necklace to prove your wealth to others who may dare to question your motives or experience. Throw in a Thai script tattoo on the bicep / forearm for added authority. Gold coloured digital Casio watch optional.

Feel free to look upon 2 week millionaires with utter disdain and offer advice on how to eat an 89 baht breakfast, chase balloons in the evening and hang around until the bell is rung in certain bars so as to prove your knowledge and ability to exist on less than 250 baht per day. Then tell them with the same authority that you're retired , living the dream in LOS while they slave away in the UK for peanuts.

Ignore their obvious signs of affluence, such as clean clothes, personal hygiene and the ability to spend more than 200 baht on a meal more than once a month. Also ignore their poor choices of final salary pensions and investments.

/cynic.

*Not any person here on this forum though. Unless you're Australian and live in a village up North.

• Like 1