What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

• 3 weeks later...

GBP should actually go up after this ..

"The prospects of a summer cut in UK interest rates have receded after the Bank of England’s chief economist said inflation must be squeezed out of the economy and cautioned against cutting too soon.

After a key survey signalled strong sales across the private sector over the past month and the London stock market rose to a record high, Huw Pill said concerns remained that inflation, which is expected to fall below its 2% target within a few months, could then rebound as the economy strengthens.

Speaking in London, Pill said: “We still have a reasonable way to go before I am convinced that the persistent momentum in underlying inflation has stabilised at rates consistent with achievement of the 2% inflation target on a sustainable basis.”

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just collected and paid for one of two new cars.  
Damn that invoice hurt. 🤨

Gotta do it again next week. 😫
Taking the wife out in it tomorrow to get her used to all the features, many of which even I’m not familiar with.  
All this automated driving is stupid as far as I’m concerned, I’m old school and like to do the actual driving, not leave it to some algorithm dreamt up by a 14 year old kid in his mom’s cellar. 🤨

Edited by KhunDon
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Taking the wife out in it tomorrow to get her used to all the features, many of which even I’m not familiar with.  
All this automated driving is stupid as far as I’m concerned, I’m old school and like to do the actual driving, not leave it to some algorithm dreamt up by a 14 year old kid in his mom’s cellar. 🤨

🙄🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Bingo, i have been put off buying a new Fortuner because of what you say.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Let me know the roads she ll be driving on tomorrow will ye.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Let me know the roads she ll be driving on tomorrow will ye.

Actually she’s a very good driver (she’s only ever managed to have small accidents in every car we’ve ever had) but let me know which road you’ll be on and I’ll see if she can give you a gentle nudge in her EV9. 😉

• Haha 2