Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

31 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Typical, we just walked past the place and I didn't take any notice of the name, it's on the beach front in Patong. Has a guy singing too.

20211211_221019.jpg

20211211_220712.jpg

20211211_220648.jpg

20211211_220638.jpg

Didn't realise you were still in Patong. Never been there before. You enjoying it there?. 

11 hours ago, galenkia said:

Didn't realise you were still in Patong. Never been there before. You enjoying it there?. 

Yes, it's great, to be fair, after 18 months of shite, just getting away from the cold weather to a beach resort is going to be hard not to like. I took a walk away from the beach front and Bangla road yesterday and the rest of the town is still pretty much shut down. Odd places open, especially near large hotels, but the majority are closed.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I am sure it tasted nice but it looks a bit "watery" to me .

It is interesting how different cooks make penang gai.

The best penang gai I had was at R-Con and what distinguished it from others I had is the cook had the reduction and thickening of the penang just right. She is also made the best gai gra tiem. I used to eat there a several of times a week it was that good. Then one day the penang gai that was served was "watery". I immediately asked the server if they had a new cook. She said yes.

Next day I gave the gai gra tiem a try and what was served was an oily mess of something, heavy on the garlic. After one bite I was finished with it, and unfortunately finished with ordering food at R-Con as Nida Food & Drink opposite Marquee served Thai food that was almost as good as what I once had at R-Con.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

47 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

It is interesting how different cooks make penang gai.

The best penang gai I had was at R-Con and what distinguished it from others I had is the cook had the reduction and thickening of the penang just right. She is also made the best gai gra tiem. I used to eat there a several of times a week it was that good. Then one day the penang gai that was served was "watery". I immediately asked the server if they had a new cook. She said yes.

Next day I gave the gai gra tiem a try and what was served was an oily mess of something, heavy on the garlic. After one bite I was finished with it, and unfortunately finished with ordering food at R-Con as Nida Food & Drink opposite Marquee served Thai food that was almost as good as what I once had at R-Con.

Thanks.

I was expecting a bit of flak for being negative.

My experiences at R-Con are exactly the same too!

Sometimes it is so bloody obvious when a chef has changed, or the source of his products have changed, but I don't want to TF by listing them!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I fully agree Mr. Dangle, although i expect the flavour was most lovely, i too prefer it to be a very thick sauce. The type that give your chips a good thick coat when they are dunked into it.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

It was thicker than it looks and tasted fantastic, one of the best I had had here so far. From a family run Thai place down a side street. I look forward to checking out a few more dishes there.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, SteveBC said:

I fully agree Mr. Dangle, although i expect the flavour was most lovely, i too prefer it to be a very thick sauce. The type that give your chips a good thick coat when they are dunked into it.

Yup! I agree it`s all about the chips Steve 🤣 . I never got on with the other thai curries and to me they are more like a soup than a curry. The secret is the use of a good quality creamy coconut milk and taking care to reduce the sauce on the stove which I can imagine some Thai cooks not having the patience to do when they are busy.

This photo is of a Roast Duck Penang at my favourite Thai Restaurant here in Cardiff

264300800_1227499027739004_3856343196967166613_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Binlid said:

Yup! I agree it`s all about the chips Steve 🤣 . I never got on with the other thai curries and to me they are more like a soup than a curry.

264300800_1227499027739004_3856343196967166613_n.jpg

But Mr. Bin, you knew exactly what i meant mate, and have you seriously never had curry + chips,   55555

Your picture looks well good, and i fully agree with your "soup" comment too.