Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

1 hour ago, KWA said:

Fish 40 baht from Big C already prepared and chips from Makro via the air fryer.  Doesn't look like much but was lovely.

fish and chips 6.jpg

I buy a lot of pre made meals from a medium size Big C in Chiang Mai (not far from my condo). Usually 30-40 baht per. Almost always good. They often have a wide variety of stuff also. Looking forward to stocking up when I get back. 

I'm usually able to find almost everything I want/need there. Then with a few of their pre made stuff have a good spread of different things. They also often have a lot of 2 for ones like bacon, yogurt, lunchmeats.

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I buy a lot of pre made meals from a medium size Big C in Chiang Mai (not far from my condo). Usually 30-40 baht per. Almost always good. They often have a wide variety of stuff also. Looking forward to stocking up when I get back. 

I'm usually able to find almost everything I want/need there. Then with a few of their pre made stuff have a good spread of different things. They also often have a lot of 2 for ones like bacon, yogurt, lunchmeats.

I used Big C Pattaya Tai regularly for years but they changed their opening times from 7am to 8am and last year because of Covid it changed to 9am.

Personally, even if I get there at 8:59, it is a waste of a morning by the time I get home. I'm happier to get out early and hit Friendship at 07:30 then continue round and cover a wider range of shopping that Big C has to offer. I buy premade Thai food for 20/30 Baht depending on my route.

If they were to open earlier again though, for sure I would use them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I used Big C Pattaya Tai regularly for years but they changed their opening times from 7am to 8am and last year because of Covid it changed to 9am.

Personally, even if I get there at 8:59, it is a waste of a morning by the time I get home. I'm happier to get out early and hit Friendship at 07:30 then continue round and cover a wider range of shopping that Big C has to offer. I buy premade Thai food for 20/30 Baht depending on my route.

If they were to open earlier again though, for sure I would use them.

I may be relocating at some point to a different condo building on the other side of the Ping river (not far from the place I had been planning to return to.

Fortunately the new place (possible) is a few soi's from a Rimping Market. It is a full blown grocery store with a great produce and meat dept., just about any Western food I could want, and of course Thai food. 

They also have a good selection of pre made stuff, often as low as 10 baht. And... as you come up near the checkout they have an isle (and a couple of tables) of hugely discounted or 2 for 1"s. The savings on that stuff helps offset the more expensive imports.

The service and location also are excellent. Anything over 1000 baht is free delivery (if I  chose). 

There is also a Rimping Market in the basement of Maya Mall which is almost identical. Sometimes I will do a marathon walk out there. I use Maya as my destination point (great mall). I just chill out there to cool down after the walk, then grab an iced green tea, then do my shopping at Rimping. Usually take a grab back for about 100 baht (worth it).

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Went to Borough Market a few years ago 

A7435A3C-4436-46A3-ABCB-87529DEB1595.jpeg

B5D04F17-7A9B-4D1C-A53E-4B4E22631683.jpeg

BCA9B13F-C12C-417B-BC52-406237D4F8D4.jpeg

09945DA4-6A1B-4665-9F36-7A05C3CBFB17.jpeg

578F9FDD-10D5-4C3A-9F86-2AF3E6A126B2.jpeg

A6ED7F34-3FEB-4185-AAE2-BC8F84FB3925.jpeg

Awesome ! I'm still drooling after that vid.

That English Breakfast looked amazing. It looked like it would set you back a few pence. Life is worth living though, sometimes you just have to "go for it".

• Great Info 1

2 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Awesome ! I'm still drooling after that vid.

That English Breakfast looked amazing. It looked like it would set you back a few pence. Life is worth living though, sometimes you just have to "go for it".

Not the usual Pattaya 99 Baht fare ... 555 think the sign said £37 for two 😉 

• Surprised 1

3 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Not the usual Pattaya 99 Baht fare ... 555 think the sign said £37 for two 😉 

LOL ! Holy Cow !

I'd do it once. I'd take you and boydeste if you could pry your wallets out. lol   You know it's proper to take care of your guests.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Glasseye said:

LOL ! Holy Cow !

I'd do it once. I'd take you and boydeste if you could pry your wallets out. lol   You know it's proper to take care of your guests.

I am game for that mate, but you do realise, if you take us along then we are your guests!

:default_527:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, boydeste said:

I am game for that mate, but you do realise, if you take us along then we are your guests!

:default_527:

LOL... I expected there may be some debate regarding.....

I'm ok with that... As long as you grill up some of those steaks and sausages when at your estate.   😝

• Like 1