Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

6 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Or you could just go to a pet shop and buy a couple like my Platoon Commander did as part of my Infantry basic training....And they weren't bought as mascots if you get my drift...

Lol , yep, the pet shops in Catterick did a roaring trade in rabbits…

Edited by Butch
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Butch said:

Lol , yep, the pet shops in Catterick did a roaring trade in rabbits…

Hahaha - thanks for the edit!!

But I'll have you know my basic was in Wyvern Barracks, Exeter in '73 and the Rabbit shop was in Okehampton ...

Fucking Hell ..you're not too old to be put across my knee for a good spanky spanky!!!

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Haha 1

On 4/26/2022 at 3:37 AM, Toy Boy said:

I tried a new dish last night, cod in lemon garlic butter with asparagus.

https://www.eatwell101.com/garlic-butter-cod-asparagus-skillet-recipe

I didn't stick religiously to the recipe, but I didn't stray too far from it either. I sauteed some finely chopped onions, and had a yellow pepper handy so I chopped that up and sauteed some of it. The citrus was a single fresh lime rather than a lemon, I have a tendency to overdo the lemon juice but as limes are so much smaller it's easier to control what you add. I also added a few chopped birds eye chillies rather than chilli flakes, plus a bunch of spring onions, and I did a pan of sauteed potatoes as an accompaniment. That turned out very well, the recipe's a keeper, a nice combination of garlic, onion and chilli with a gentle citrus background, and the fresh asparagus was sufficiently strong-tasting to easily compete with the other flavours. Worth trying if you've got an hour spare and fancy something tasty and different.

IMG20220425203133.jpg

lovely