What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

12 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I always thought that "dig in" (on the label) was an English expression ..... obviously used in America too !!

I guess so, the wine is superb, so much so that after watching the Bee keeper I am going to open another bottle and watch 

Top Gun 2.

Likely fall asleep in the chair leaving some for tomorrow.  LOL

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I've been sinking quite a few of these of recent, makes a very pleasant change to lager.

It's not bad at all, got a bit of a floral note to it and at 5.5% has the desired effect after an armful of cans.

It's 53bt a can from CJ More.

20240508_151736.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Big_daddy said:

IMG_3029.jpeg

Unless my eyes are mistaken that says 15% volume which probably makes it a wine and not a beer. I see it is Korean, I have not had that drink before. 

Presume you drink it slowly

Sat in The Vintner wine bar around the corner from Shakespeares birthplace in Stratford on Avon. This is a Longhorn IPA brewed in Warwickshire at Purity brewery.

20240511_174449.jpg

20240511_174132.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Stillearly said:

555 brilliant,  I had no idea 🤷‍♂️

A triumph of marketing. Evil big corporate brewer invents Spanish lager from scratch, brews and markets it in the UK.

From zero it's the second biggest seller in the UK after Carling.

• Great Info 1

8 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Unless my eyes are mistaken that says 15% volume which probably makes it a wine and not a beer. I see it is Korean, I have not had that drink before. 

It’s Soju 

19 hours ago, SteveBC said:

I've been sinking quite a few of these of recent, makes a very pleasant change to lager.

It's not bad at all, got a bit of a floral note to it and at 5.5% has the desired effect after an armful of cans.

It's 53bt a can from CJ More.

20240508_151736.jpg

Great call, had one of those last week in Bangkok for the first time. Enjoyed it, was around 55 baht a can from Market Villa.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I only know of it from stories of GIs  stationed in South Korea losing stripes and money from incidents related to their drinking soju in the ville.  The green bottle soju is very cheap ($2) and is said to be badly distilled alcohol, sugar and possibly other additives. 

• Thumbs Up 1