Cricket

coxyhog

Looks like our spinning department is now a digit short. Said digit has a blister, and owner of said digit has been a naughty boy...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/65943656

Mind you, not really surprised when he bowled 20odd overs yesterday when his average spell in over the past few years has been about 4 overs long every couple of days...

Edited by Painter
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 down, with a lead of 200....

I think we need the last 4 wickets to add another hundred... maybe moeen  can add a large number to make up for his possible inability to bowl later...

Having said that, we'll probably declare just after tea with a lead of 250...

38 minutes ago, Painter said:

6 down, with a lead of 200....

I think we need the last 4 wickets to add another hundred... maybe moeen  can add a large number to make up for his possible inability to bowl later...

Having said that, we'll probably declare just after tea with a lead of 250...

Personally I’d bat the day out if possible, can’t see the bowlers adding a big amount.

Think declaring would be a mistake myself.

3 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Personally I’d bat the day out if possible, can’t see the bowlers adding a big amount.

Think declaring would be a mistake myself.

Unless the tail can wag (unlikely, as Moeen is out) and we can declare 30 minutes before close, I think we might be in trouble here....

Is it time to start the rain dance?

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Another great day of test match cricket,I would say the Aussies are favourites but tomorrow could be overcast & that should suit Anderson & Broad....absolutely riveting(& that's from an ex-riveter)😂

Agree.... I thought we'd blown it until we took those late 3 wickets. "Decent" weather tomorrow morning could be crucial... let's hope its a great final day

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2