TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS FOR THAILAND ARRIVALS

tommy dee

20 hours ago, tommy dee said:

its self quarantine not jail.  me if i ran an hotel i wouldnt want them in my gaff as someone else will be in the room after they leave.  but there is no mention of anything except self quarantine.  so travel on transport to your hotel,home, stay indoors for 2 weeks.  yes crap but its a crap illness.  its self monitoring.  as in the UK and some of europe BTW!!!

i see the pay des frogs is on the list 😉

self islation did not work in a  state here Australia [Tasmania],bloke comes in from Iran checks into the local hospital test positive they sent him home quarantine,he is ok with that but he just called into the supermarket to stock up,boomboom 4 new cases.

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray
left out name of the state
  • Great Info 1

5 hours ago, grayray said:

self islation did not work a in state here Australia,bloke comes in from Iran checks into the local hospital test positive they sent him home quarantine,he is ok with that but he just called into the supermarket to stock up,boomboom 4 new cases.

regards

grayray

you are of course totally correct.  and they were or are doing it in europe where its now an epidemic.  the news yesterday about self quarantine has been rescinded.  ( as expected)  .  still convinced, me, that the virus hates heat, hence low numbers here

5 hours ago, grayray said:

self islation did not work a in state here Australia,bloke comes in from Iran checks into the local hospital test positive they sent him home quarantine,he is ok with that but he just called into the supermarket to stock up,boomboom 4 new cases.

regards

grayray

A hospital worker who became the first coronavirus patient in the US state of New
Hampshire ignored instructions to self-isolate and attended a college’s business event
instead, authorities have revealed.

At least one person who came into contact with the man has since become the Granite
State’s second confirmed case, health officials confirmed.

The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Centre staffer displayed symptoms of the deadly virus,
including “fever and respiratory symptoms”, after returning from a trip to Italy, and was
told to stay home while waiting test results, which came back positive on Monday,
according to a New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services spokesman.

“DHHS has determined that the first patient, despite having been directed to self-isolate,
attended an invitation-only private event on Friday,” the spokesman said in a statement.

Having defied the first directive, the hospital worker was “issued an official order of
isolation” after testing positive on Monday, officials said.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/stay-home-coronavirus-sufferers-incredible-display-of-selfishness/news-story/57b58910893c7f8101b23de16e9bb3cf

1 hour ago, tommy dee said:

you are of course totally correct.  and they were or are doing it in europe where its now an epidemic.  the news yesterday about self quarantine has been rescinded.  ( as expected)  .  still convinced, me, that the virus hates heat, hence low numbers here

TD

hope you're right,would make it great to bring back the tourist,cause it will all go out the window if as reported here,

some Australian unis are offering incentives to Chinese students to travel thru another country to get around Australias ban on direct travel from China.

the oversea students are worth millions to our unis.i saw one uni offering 5000-6000aud for travelling to another country for 14 days to get around the bans

regards

grayray

4 hours ago, grayray said:

TD

hope you're right,would make it great to bring back the tourist,cause it will all go out the window if as reported here,

some Australian unis are offering incentives to Chinese students to travel thru another country to get around Australias ban on direct travel from China.

the oversea students are worth millions to our unis.i saw one uni offering 5000-6000aud for travelling to another country for 14 days to get around the bans

regards

grayray

yes, i truly hope those unis get the fuckin plague as they are  paying students to stay in countries like the LOS, which puts others at risk.  fuckin academic swine :)

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

yes, i truly hope those unis get the fuckin plague as they are  paying students to stay in countries like the LOS, which puts others at risk.  fuckin academic swine :)

the C.M.O. of the Commerwealth here in Oz said to-night there is NO need to walk around with facemask on,don't stop going to the football,or the shoping centres,just make sure that you wash your hands in warm water for 30seconds and don't touch your face,and wipe down surfaces with alco wipes ,that others could have touched. and stop panic buying of toiletrolls.see a bloke to-day with about 100 rolls in his shopping basket, I asked if"he was buying for the whole street who must be suufering from the mother of all castric" he was very polite when he told me to "f**k OFF"

I started to clap and he looked like he was about blow his poopoff valve.a few old dears joined me in clapping last I saw he was running out to the carpark,had a could laugh with the crew at the local later.

me iam just going to live my life as usual except for being careful what I touch when iam out and about.

Chief Medical Officer.

regards

grayray

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grayray said:

the C.M.O. of the Commerwealth here in Oz said to-night there is NO need to walk around with facemask on,don't stop going to the football,or the shoping centres,just make sure that you wash your hands in warm water for 30seconds and don't touch your face,and wipe down surfaces with alco wipes ,that others could have touched. and stop panic buying of toiletrolls.see a bloke to-day with about 100 rolls in his shopping basket, I asked if"he was buying for the whole street who must be suufering from the mother of all castric" he was very polite when he told me to "f**k OFF"

I started to clap and he looked like he was about blow his poopoff valve.a few old dears joined me in clapping last I saw he was running out to the carpark,had a could laugh with the crew at the local later.

me iam just going to live my life as usual except for being careful what I touch when iam out and about.

Chief Medical Officer.

regards

grayray

So it's you who set that lorry on fire ?  😁😁😁😂😂

Coronavirus in Australia: Lorryload of toilet paper catches fire

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-australia-51747892/coronavirus-in-australia-lorryload-of-toilet-paper-catches-fire

• Haha 1

Seems like something more official now, and not quite what was in the original Tweet.  South Korea, China (including Hong Kong and Macao), Iran and Italy are affected.  Japan, Singapore, France and Germany not subject to quarantine for now.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-thailand/thailand-announces-compulsory-quarantine-for-arrivals-from-six-places-idUSKBN20S1SV

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KWA said:

Seems like something more official now, and not quite what was in the original Tweet.  South Korea, China (including Hong Kong and Macao), Iran and Italy are affected.  Japan, Singapore, France and Germany not subject to quarantine for now.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-thailand/thailand-announces-compulsory-quarantine-for-arrivals-from-six-places-idUSKBN20S1SV

was only a matter of time.  nothing happends here without some semblance of reason.  two hotels closed their biggest wings in the city today too.  and songkran is all but a done deal to be cancelled for the water fun, ban saen done already and chayaboon.   seriosuly scary for businesses like mine and others.

There's still some doubt about any quarantine requirements which won't be officially announced until tomorrow (Friday).

No quarantine measure has been officially announced, but Public Health Ministry spokesman Rungrueng Kitphati told Reuters on Thursday it would come into effect on Friday.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1872354/six-places-defined-as-dangerous-zones

2 minutes ago, KWA said:

There's still some doubt about any quarantine requirements which won't be officially announced until tomorrow (Friday).

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1872354/six-places-defined-as-dangerous-zones

I thought the Reuters' report which you referred to earlier was reasonably clear, except on the issue of how the people are meant to get home from the airport -

The quarantine announcement, published in the official Royal Gazette on Thursday, classified South Korea, China, Macao, Hong Kong, Italy and Iran as “dangerous communicable disease areas”.

This means that all arrivals from these places, including those that transit through them, will have to provide the authorities with their address and travel plan and be self-quarantined for 14 days.

“Thais and foreigners who came from these places will have to go through self-quarantine for 14 days at home or in a hotel room, where they have to report themselves to the authorities every day or officials will come to check on them,” health ministry spokesman Rungrueng Kitphati told Reuters.

3 minutes ago, KWA said:

but self quarantine is in effect for them according to the reuters wire.  that means stay in one place.  if on a home can have others living there but they are not auto quarantined.  personally i cant make a lot of sense of any of this but it was inevitable.. schools and uni in ban saen closed today and shops and banks beeing deoderised after on eytie brought covid in with him from his home country

3 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I thought the Reuters' report which you referred to earlier was reasonably clear . . . .

So did I, but the Bangkok Post slightly differs.

The Reuters one quotes a spokesman as the source of the quarantine requirements, not the Royal Gazette publication.  As has been seen already, spokesmen seem to jump the gun although this time I think it's likely he'll be right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HKG media has found a new pet to make headlines....

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3065190/coronavirus-hong-kong-dogs-infection-not

Coronavirus: Hong Kong authorities insist pet dog of Covid-19 patient is infected, although some experts say blood test results needed for confirmation

FFS, if is infected eliminate it. If it is not, don't make headline out of it !

Another panic in the making.....

13 hours ago, grayray said:

me iam just going to live my life as usual except for being careful what WOMEN I touch and GROPE when iam out and about.

Chief Medical Examiner

grayray

Fixed it for you ya wheezy old goat ...... :default_drinks: ..... you over 85s have to be a bit more careful. 

Last month bushfires now I read the T20s rained off in Sydney ......... been pissing down for 2 days in London now Ray as well. :default_fishing: Global Raining ....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Fixed it for you ya wheezy old goat ...... :default_drinks: ..... you over 85s have to be a bit more careful. 

Last month bushfires now I read the T20s rained off in Sydney ......... been pissing down for 2 days in London now Ray as well. :default_fishing: Global Raining ....

namps,

think the best 2 teams are not playing on sunday.

we have had some great rain over a fair bit of the country,like Armidale here in NSW,they last Thursday had 400mls in one day,but only had 300mls for the whole of 2019.

when you going back to LOS ?

regards

grayray

A girl I know (Miss N) in Korat told me this morning that her brother has just arrived home from S. Korea, where he had been working illegally.

He had to get a mate to pick him up from the airport. They have to be quarantined together for 2 weeks.

Mum and Dad have moved out of their house and gone to live with Miss N. Ma and Pa's house is now quarantine central.

The local nurse was on the phone to Mum even before brother had arrived home.

• Great Info 1

9 hours ago, Bazle said:

A girl I know (Miss N) in Korat told me this morning that her brother has just arrived home from S. Korea, where he had been working illegally.

He had to get a mate to pick him up from the airport. They have to be quarantined together for 2 weeks.

Mum and Dad have moved out of their house and gone to live with Miss N. Ma and Pa's house is now quarantine central.

The local nurse was on the phone to Mum even before brother had arrived home.

My sons school in Korat just closed for a month following a confirmed Covid 19 case coming from South Korea.

• Great Info 1
  • Sad 1

This kind of contradictory and sudden decision is exactly what kills the worldwide travel and tourism business.

Let's say I planned a trip to Thailand next week, I dont worry about the virus as chances to catch it are minimal. But I would worry a lot about some idiot throwing out a new rules blocking me from leaving Thailand or some new rule being.created during here in Bali  while I am in Thailand, banning all travellers from Thailand. So I cant go home, except being quarantine here on arrival.

Considering the actual madness and overnight decisions worldwide, how can anybody take the risk to travel to / from any country that has had the slightest case of Coronavirus ? Not because of the fear of the virus, just because of the "administrative" risk.   

FFS, I can imagine the lodging condition and food in a Thai or Indo quarantine camp. Where are my fecking croissants ?...And I am too old to play a remake of "Papillon" !

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bazle said:

I honestly think this is going to be a big problem for Thailand, loads and loads of Thai workers coming home. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

I honestly think this is going to be a big problem for Thailand, loads and loads of Thai workers coming home. 

thousands.  i am just wondering who is going to massage the old koreans now.  seems they made good money on the side.

16 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

thousands.  i am just wondering who is going to massage the old koreans now.  seems they made good money on the side.

Yea, from construction workers to sex workers, legal and illegal. 

What's the chances eh ...

5 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Yea, from construction workers to sex workers, legal and illegal. 

What's the chances eh ...

when i worte that story from the news i was almost in line with you there..."from hod carriers to hookers" was my phrase 😉