The Ashes 2021/22

coxyhog

4 hours ago, Painter said:

Excellent.... another successful white ball slogger who will probably fail at the red ball game....

Isn't Ollie Pope a 'keeper?

Better off with Surrey's Ben Foakes or Middlesex's John Simpson. Both good red ball cricketers, and Foakes already has a test century. Both average over 30 in first class cricket. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Better off with Surrey's Ben Foakes or Middlesex's John Simpson. Both good red ball cricketers, and Foakes already has a test century. Both average over 30 in first class cricket. 

Long term, I'd agree. I suppose they had to go with whoever is actually in Australia at the moment, as, of course, they very sensibly sent the A team back to England weeks ago...

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Painter said:

Long term, I'd agree. I suppose they had to go with whoever is actually in Australia at the moment, as, of course, they very sensibly sent the A team back to England weeks ago...

Yep, billings has been playing the big bash

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Painter said:

Yeah, forgot about the quarantine as well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Chang_Paarp said:

Khawaja got another century, the Aussie selectors now have a major headache for the next test.

Australia declares at 6 / 265 leaving the poms needing 388 to win.

Might manage to get the loss under 300 with any luck. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Starshine said:

Well, that was eleven overs in the dark we survived...another tense night ahead

Hey, both openers are still in, getting close to their best scores of the tour. Hameed is in danger of getting to double figures. Lets see what tomorrow brings, if it is a barrage of blocking expect some fiery bowling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chang_Paarp said:

Hey, both openers are still in, getting close to their best scores of the tour. Hameed is in danger of getting to double figures. Lets see what tomorrow brings, if it is a barrage of blocking expect some fiery bowling.

Have to say I'm very impressed with the newer bowler's in the team. Boland looks like he's making himself undroppable. Takes lots of wickets and gives nothing away. Anderson levels of stinginess in his averages.

Think Green has bowled superbly and been unlucky. Stokes stumps getting hit but the bails staying on for example. Always looks threatening and difficult to score from. And Richardson who ended up taking 5 for then not being available for the next test. Looked very good as well. 

That's some pretty impressive replacements for the regular guys and gives Australia the luxury of not having to overwork them by playing them every match. 

We are relying on 2 bowler's with a combined age of 74 to do the lion's share of the wicket taking. 🙄

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Chang_Paarp said:

Khawaja got another century, the Aussie selectors now have a major headache for the next test.

Yup. Australia bring in players who get 6 for 7, or score 2 hundreds in a match.

England's replacements get none for a lot, or score less than 10 in a match!

There's only going to be one winner.... englands best hope is to survive a full day. If we don't,  let's blame two broken fingers and a side muscle....

Our team for the next test is going to be interesting...

• Like 1