The Ashes 2021/22

coxyhog

So omitting Anderson from the first test was a good idea then wasn't it?.

If he's fit to play and says he wants to play he should. No substitute for the experience he brings to the pitch. Especially in Ashes matches.

Same with Robinson,he should be automatic selection as well.

Bowlers dragging our sorry arse batsmen out the shit as usual.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thegrogmonster said:

A little quiz:

Obviously Australia will be all out soon so how many wickets will England/Wales be down when they pass our total?

I’m thinking 3.

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

I'll get reeled in. 🤣

I'm going for one. 

If you add those together, you'll get the answer.

England 4 - 31  at the close of play, trailing by 51 runs.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

A little quiz:

Obviously Australia will be all out soon so how many wickets will England/Wales be down when they pass our total?

I’m thinking 3.

Bit of a bold assumption there. That England/Wales will actually pass the Aussie total.

• Haha 2

Being serious, it's actually gone past a joke and is truly embarrassing. This is probably the worst batting performance in an Ashes series I can remember, and we have had some shit tour's before. 

Whole batting line up is just hopeless. Root was the shining light, but is now a flickering bulb. Been dragged down amongst the other shite. 

Let's just call it a day, award it 5-0,and come home and drop all half of the team. 

• Like 1

When I woke at 4am for a pee and checked the scores were even, and apparently our bowlers were on top. I went back to sleep, with a feeling of doom....

When I woke again about 7.30.... I almost wished I hadn't. Then I saw the clip of Leach putting all that leaving practice into effect... 

At least we have 4 experienced batsmen, who have all scored big in the past, left to sort out the mess. If they all get 50s, or more, we might stand a chance. Can't see this one reaching day 5, and day 4 is looking dodgy. 

But then again, pigs might fly, or the baht might reach 50...

Today can only get better

• Like 1

Unfortunately I think the tour structure makes it very difficult to know what to do to save some sort of pride this winter.

Remember the days when a touring side would play the counties in between tests, and there were probably 5 tests a season? Out of form tourist (and home country) players could get some match practice and form in those games, so that when they were needed they were ready. Zac Crawley might look in good form in the nets, but looked like a rabbit in the headlights in the middle. Bringing in Dan Lawrence would be the same... no recent match experience. If this series was back in England they'd send Burns, Pope and Hameed back to their counties for some red ball cricket, except there wouldnt be any available as the white ball game has taken over.... so they'd play a few white ball games and declare themselves fit and ready for the next test. Yeah, right...

Bloomin' short game, as exciting (and money making) as it is, its killing English test cricket.

• Like 1