YouTubers With Interesting And Informative Content

forcebwithu

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm surprised no-one has called out Perun.  He's apparently an Australian defense economics analyst who does an ~hour long power point (I know) on major international issues every Sunday night (Thai time).  Despite the format, he's quite interesting and perceptive.  When Sunday rolls around, I look forward to seeing his next one show up.

This week's is on the current insanity in northern south America.

• 3 weeks later...

I've posted before videos from this guy's channel. What I liked about this one was not so much the content, but his minute and half long narration, without a script, while standing on on a windswept arm of an electric pylon about 100m up in the air. He's got a great delivery style and also does a great job of editing in various views while delivering his narration. Cued to start as he makes the final climb to the pylon arm.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

One of the SAS' most daring and outlandish missions of the Second World War has finally been revealed after 80 years.

The raid deep behind enemy lines on a concentration camp in Nazi Germany-occupied southern Italy to free almost 200 Jews and other prisoners was pulled off by the Special Air Service in September 1943.

It had largely been forgotten about, but thanks to research by historian Damien Lewis the audacious prison break has come to light at last.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 5 weeks later...

Found this quit interesting.

Permaculture instructor Andrew Millison journeys with the UN World Food Programme to the Northern border of Senegal to see an innovative land recovery project within the Great Green Wall of Africa that is harvesting rainwater, increasing food security, and rehabilitating the ecosystem.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/17/2024 at 8:52 AM, forcebwithu said:

For those that wonder what it would be like to travel through an electron beam at full power...

I don’t know if an electron beam is same same particle accelerator; but this guy accidentally stuck his head in one when it was on and lived.

https://www.iflscience.com/the-man-who-put-his-head-inside-a-particle-accelerator-while-it-was-switched-on-59474

21 minutes ago, forqalso said:

I don’t know if an electron beam is same same particle accelerator; but this guy accidentally stuck his head in one when it was on and lived.

https://www.iflscience.com/the-man-who-put-his-head-inside-a-particle-accelerator-while-it-was-switched-on-59474

The particle accelerator is what produces the electron beam.

The guy accidently sticking his head in the beam was lucky. More disturbing is the story of how a software error that led to the deaths of two people in a particle accelerator.

• Surprised 1

not so much You Tube , but this fucking girl keeps popping up everywhere on Facebook she must have 100 FB pages in different names with the same old shite and the most annoying voice ive ever heard 🤣🤣

fair play though she is getting thousands of clicks

• 2 weeks later...

Some great views at 21,000 ft in a glider. You do have to dress for the cold though. Here's the pilot's comment on what he wore.

3 layers of socks, and these over booties called "Wave Ridge" which fit over your shoes. I didn't wear shoes because none of my shoes are big enough to cram in 3 pairs of wolly socks. I wore long UnderArmor, regular slacks, and ski pants. On the top, I had a tee shirt, flannel shirt, and my Milwaukee Electric Jacket. I didn't turn on the electric jacket. On the neck I had a facemask, and wore that cool fluffy hat. I wore thin gloves. Never got cold!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This had me ROFL. A 747 pilot getting airsick in a sailplane. That surprised me because with all his hours in a plane I would have thought he would be acclimated to turbulence.

Cued to start at the funny part, but if you go back to the beginning there's good video of the process of assembling a sailplane.

• 2 weeks later...