Best Middle Eastern Airline

AJSP

6 hours ago, Freee!! said:

From northern Canada I would like at polar routes to Scandinavia and from there to BKK, for the east coast I've often recommended looking at flying to Europe.

To fly anywhere out of Canada I have to first fly to the south of Canada - generally Vancouver which is a 2.5hr flight from my home town; if I lived in the eastern part of Canada I would most definitely look at travelling via Europe. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, boydeste said:

I often wonder why you guys don't fly to Europe, then non stop to bkk.

My estimate would give you around 20 hours flight time.

Maybe it isn't cost viable. 

Did a search for shortest duration which came up with an itinerary of 20 hr 26 min. The route though isn't through Europe. My flights were longer because I wanted to stick with Delta due to my status with them.

download.jpg

image.png

• Like 1

On 9/11/2022 at 10:07 AM, AJSP said:

Thanks for all the replies. Had a wee look last night and Qatar were coming in quite cheaply at £562pp for economy which I thought was a steal 

I have to just update this and confess that I got it wrong - the price above was one way so basically a return flight in economy is £1100.

Direct flights were about £150 per person more 

I think I’ll wait and see before booking anything 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've just used Saudia and to be honest I wasn't expecting it to be much good but I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised.

Check in at Heathrow was quick, the flight itself to Jeddah was good and the food on the plane was ok for me.

Jeddah airport appears small but has plenty of small cafes, toilets and smoking rooms and again the loading of the plane was fairly easy. Only small downside was that it's a 4 1/2 hour layover and the last hour can drag a bit.

We landed on time at BKK and I was only in immigration for maybe 10 minutes.

Return flight cost me £426 which to me was an absolute bargain and I'd definitely use them again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 1

24 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

I've just used Saudia and to be honest I wasn't expecting it to be much good but I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised.

Check in at Heathrow was quick, the flight itself to Jeddah was good and the food on the plane was ok for me.

Jeddah airport appears small but has plenty of small cafes, toilets and smoking rooms and again the loading of the plane was fairly easy. Only small downside was that it's a 4 1/2 hour layover and the last hour can drag a bit.

Return flight cost me £426 which to me was an absolute bargain and I'd definitely use them again.

Great price ! did you book this well in advance ?

33 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Alcohol served ? 

• Great Info 1