2 Nights in Bangkok......

Yessongs

I have used the BTS a fair bit, hence I always cross there over the top, but have never used the MRT. Probably why I had no idea there was an underpass at that junction. Don't know if its open 24 hours a day, but it certainly was easy and those escalators sure do move!

I am a Bkk tourist and it's always good to hang with guys like Maipenrai who know the place way better than myself. 

Next time I am there for a decent amount of time, I will see what's accessible near the MRT and take a few train rides to broaden my horizons. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

I have used the BTS a fair bit, hence I always cross there over the top, but have never used the MRT. Probably why I had no idea there was an underpass at that junction. Don't know if its open 24 hours a day, but it certainly was easy and those escalators sure do move!

I am a Bkk tourist and it's always good to hang with guys like Maipenrai who know the place way better than myself. 

Next time I am there for a decent amount of time, I will see what's accessible near the MRT and take a few train rides to broaden my horizons. 

I didn't know there was an underpass at Asoke. Used to have to walk down a couple soi's to catch the MRT there. Maybe it's changed or I just don't recall.

6 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I didn't know there was an underpass at Asoke. Used to have to walk down a couple soi's to catch the MRT there. Maybe it's changed or I just don't recall.

The underpass has been there well over a decade.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CalEden said:

The underpass has been there well over a decade.

I don't think it is open 24 hrs a day but am not sure of the opening times. I'm just glad we now have two perfectly safe ways to get across Asoke - it used to give me the willies getting across there in the old days using the road crossings. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I don't think it is open 24 hrs a day but am not sure of the opening times. I'm just glad we now have two perfectly safe ways to get across Asoke - it used to give me the willies getting across there in the old days using the road crossings. 

Always used it but mostly when using the BTS. I also don't like getting across the wide road upstairs.