2 Nights in Bangkok......

Yessongs

Thanks for the 'staycation' trip report. Good to know that Bangkok doesn't change much.

Glad I had my time there. My camera did a lot of 'oogling'...

Did your Mrs. have a 'girls' night out'..? Does she have an IG account?  😉

Edited by lazarus
typo
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

“The rumors that Nana, Soi Cowboy and Patpong are all dead………...have been greatly exaggerated”  Thank you Mark Twain. 

Spot on mate, and a brliliant write up- much appreaciated but jeez I thought I went on a bit😉

Amazing how places change from night to night, Baccara and Crazy House were a 180 degree filp from Sunday night. Baccara was absolutley rammed on both sides on the fence, best place 4 times bigger(no exaggeration). Wierd how Crazy House at the same time was devoid of punters- no two nights the same

Love your picutres. Stupidly handn't realised before that you take a real camera out with you- proper David Bailey.

And again thanks for organising and being such a generous entertaining host. For an American your not half bad😀

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Great report mate,good to hear the Dynasty Grande is open again,it was my favourite in BKK for many years.

Is the gym in there open as well?

Yep the gym is open

Plenty of machines but the smallest free weight is 10kg. Doing a bit of injury rehab so good to me, bought a resistance band from Decathlon for 80 baht, job done.

Only 1 other punter in there, doing a Yoga routine, right in front of a set of the machines for some bizarre reason the big mat thing didn't appeal to him. One other chap was outside, shirtless in the car park doing a kick boxing warm up. Very impressive, and get the heat is what he'll have to fight in, but breathing exhaust fumes I was going 10/11 the pair with the yoga man who was the bigger nut.

Great hotel, brilliant staff 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, lazarus said:

Thanks for the 'staycation' trip report. Good to know that Bangkok doesn't change much.

Glad I had my time there. My camera did a lot of 'oogling'...

Did your Mrs. have a 'girls' night out'..? Does she have an IG account?  😉

Wifey will get her girls night out in May, when she goes to Malaysia for a wedding. I am not invited.....................thankfully LOL! No IG acct for her.

20 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Spot on mate, and a brliliant write up- much appreaciated but jeez I thought I went on a bit😉

Amazing how places change from night to night, Baccara and Crazy House were a 180 degree filp from Sunday night. Baccara was absolutley rammed on both sides on the fence, best place 4 times bigger(no exaggeration). Wierd how Crazy House at the same time was devoid of punters- no two nights the same

Love your picutres. Stupidly handn't realised before that you take a real camera out with you- proper David Bailey.

And again thanks for organising and being such a generous entertaining host. For an American your not half bad😀

Yeah sorry Des, you know I tend to ramble on, got that from back in the day from a former boss of mine. I was just a "noob" I think at age 26 years old working in Tech. In our staff meetings he used to always tell us " I need details, details, details and more details" Ok you want details, I'll give you details LOL!  Yeah those Go' Go's do change from night to night, I was stunned at Baccarra, that place was always heaving with girls. I still think that Crazy House is the #1 in Cowboy right now. Back at you buddy, for the former lead singer of "The Clash" you're not half bad either LOL!

19 hours ago, boydeste said:

Nice write up Mike. Was great to meet up with you guys and thanks for dinner!

Thanks Stu, great to finally meet you and give us some Phuket details. 

19 hours ago, Trip said:

The Hillary in the red dress is Meow, she is indeed the owner with a cop partner of Hillary Group.

That one on Cowboy looks a lot like your wife, same facial characteristics. Both nice looking women.

Yeah nice lady, she even came by and asked me if my Fish was good. You think she looks like my current wife? I did not think that at all. I see enough of her, I need " variety" LOL! 

18 hours ago, AJSP said:

Brilliant writing, really descriptive and brought it to light. You sure are a great one for teasing us who are not in the City but wish we were. Sounds like all of you enjoyed it. 👍

Thanks buddy, yeah I can see the day when I am REALLY old and in a wheel chair and wifey is pushing me down Patpong and I am grinning like an old man! Something about the city down there....keep me interested.

11 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Great report mate,good to hear the Dynasty Grande is open again,it was my favourite in BKK for many years.

Is the gym in there open as well?

Yeah nice hotel and the gym was open as Des said. 

6 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Yep the gym is open

Plenty of machines but the smallest free weight is 10kg. Doing a bit of injury rehab so good to me, bought a resistance band from Decathlon for 80 baht, job done.

Only 1 other punter in there, doing a Yoga routine, right in front of a set of the machines for some bizarre reason the big mat thing didn't appeal to him. One other chap was outside, shirtless in the car park doing a kick boxing warm up. Very impressive, and get the heat is what he'll have to fight in, but breathing exhaust fumes I was going 10/11 the pair with the yoga man who was the bigger nut.

Great hotel, brilliant staff 

Outside in the humidity, he was alot younger then we are I think right? 

Great report and pics Mike TFP. The Dynasty Grande is also my hotel choice when in Bangers but as Coxyhog says its been closed for ages so its good to know its reopened. The rooms i've always booked had a walk in shower which i really like, it may have had the bath as well as its been so long since i've stayed there. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Outside in the humidity, he was alot younger then we are I think right? 

I'd say the guy was an extremely fit mid to late 30s. Looked slightly too old to be an active fighter, at no point during his warm up routine did I think of mentioning it to him.😀

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Great report and pics Mike TFP. The Dynasty Grande is also my hotel choice when in Bangers but as Coxyhog says its been closed for ages so its good to know its reopened. The rooms i've always booked had a walk in shower which i really like, it may have had the bath as well as its been so long since i've stayed there. 

Mine had shower and a bath, was in the old building

• Thumbs Up 2

38 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Back at you buddy, for the former lead singer of "The Clash" you're not half bad either LOL!

That would mean reincarnation, poor old Joe must have done something terrible to come back as me!! Saw him come on unannounced with the Pogues at the Camden Electric ballroom, he was tremendous.  Couple of years earlier saw Elvis Costello on St . Patrick's night open for them in a proper rough old venue in Hammersmith, happy days, as was last Sunday 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

22 hours ago, Trip said:

The Hillary in the red dress is Meow, she is indeed the owner with a cop partner of Hillary Group.

That one on Cowboy looks a lot like your wife, same facial characteristics. Both nice looking women.

Yeah nice lady, she even came by and asked me if my Fish was good. You think she looks like my current wife? I did not think that at all. I see enough of her, I need " variety" LOL! 

They could be sisters  ...

P1.jpgP3.jpg

• Like 4
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Lovely.... I am going to have to take this one in pieces Mike. Great stuff !

My last visit to BKK was about 6 or so months ago, I think it was around June or July.

First couple of things I picked up on were the serious increase in prices.

Then the groups of Nigerians hanging. I sure don't recall seeing that in past years. Put me off instantly.

• Thumbs Up 1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My most expensive SML ever too. 250 baht plus 7% tax equating to 267.5 baht.

It's a shame because there was one particular girl that was fit as f**k for my taste that would of got some attention if the prices had been reasonable. 

Instead she got a 100b note suitably placed in her knickers and reciprocated with a big smile and a kiss!

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 3

What a great write up on your 2 days in Bangkok, Mike. I'm glad you finally got a chance to plan something and meet up with a few of the guys, just too bad we couldn't have all made it last month when I was finishing up my trip and we had originally planned to meet. Ah well, another time hopefully.

I agree with the view that the one lady does resemble your wife, and yes, they COULD almost be sisters!

I'm looking at a short visit in late June for about 10 days before heading off to Kenya for a 2-3 month stay. I avoided Bangkok for nearly 20 years prior to my previous visit in 2019, and after this most recent trip in January, that won't be happening again. Just too much to see and so many women around to "ogle", and more! A stay in Bangkok will be a part of every trip back from now on.

Thanks again for the great pics and comments.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Trip said:

They could be sisters  ...

P1.jpgP3.jpg

Dam, perhaps I need a new set of glasses, yeah slight resemblance. Good catch on your part.   

40 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

What a great write up on your 2 days in Bangkok, Mike. I'm glad you finally got a chance to plan something and meet up with a few of the guys, just too bad we couldn't have all made it last month when I was finishing up my trip and we had originally planned to meet. Ah well, another time hopefully.

I agree with the view that the one lady does resemble your wife, and yes, they COULD almost be sisters!

I'm looking at a short visit in late June for about 10 days before heading off to Kenya for a 2-3 month stay. I avoided Bangkok for nearly 20 years prior to my previous visit in 2019, and after this most recent trip in January, that won't be happening again. Just too much to see and so many women around to "ogle", and more! A stay in Bangkok will be a part of every trip back from now on.

Yeah for sure buddy, when you get back here, hit me up. Bangkok never disappoints. Kenya should be a great trip.

17 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Yes, it was a pleasure meeting up with the guys and doing the rounds - I'd only spent one night in BKK on the way into the country in early December and was too sick to do much so it was nice to get out and about. As mentioned we all stayed in the Dynasty Grande, which has been my go-to hotel in BKK for years now  - I love the place, the rooms are spacious, clean and well-equipped and the staff friendly and helpful. It's great to see it back in business again. 

Thanks to Mike for shouting us all dinner in Hooters, against our strenuous objections - he's a generous guy. Off to Thermae for the first time in many years for me and I was pleasantly surprised to see it's no longer smoky and dim; there was a good selection of girls hanging around and thankfully few wearing those wretched masks. There were lots in there that I'd definitely take, although admittedly my standards are somewhat below Yessongs' and Boydeste's, and I received a fair few smiles on our rounds. I don't think I'd care to hang around there for long, better for a quick perusal and grab if you can find a deal that's attractive to both parties. I think I'll drop in for another look when I get back there on my own again.

Off to Soi Cowboy via the aerial route across Asoke and we decided to take turns deciding which go-go to check out, Long Gun being the first. From here we poked our nose in a smaller venue but nothing was happening so I chose Spice Girls, which is a nicely decorated but as it turned out, hideously expensive venue which set a record for the most expensive Sangsom & soda that I have ever had - lady drinks were listed for 280b, FFS:

rsz_spice_girls.jpg

On to Crazy House, aptly named - can't add anything to the account, other than being the only place where  the doorman objected to Yessongs' camera; luckily Lemondropkid did a great job of persuading the guy that we weren't tourists and knew the score and the camera would remain dormant. We poked our noses in Baccara after this but there weren't enough girls to warrant a visit so it was decided to head back to Nana. I mentioned the MRT underpass as the best way to get across Asoke, surprisingly Boydeste had never gone this route before and was pleased with the ease and speed of the crossing - hang on to the escalators, they really fly on this route! We dropped into Thermae again for a quick drink and perusal, were a few more girls but not really that busy on a Sunday night, I guess - lots of them probably have to work normal jobs the next day, 555! Then it was off to Nana, Lemondropkid and I taking the pedestrian overpass at Soi 7 and Yessongs and Boydeste missing our departure up the stairs and carrying on to the pedestrian light at Nana - and we both arrived there at exactly the same time, some odds in that,  I think! 

Mandarin was good, and the girl I bought a lady drink for was indeed rather fetching - may have to go and check her out again, may even be worth a barfine on my final days of  this trip. We poked our noses in Butterflies but there weren't many girls; Yessongs was beginning to fade but we pressured him into one more venue, Billboards across the way which was heaving - the only table we could find for four was right under one of the bloody speakers and the noise and bass levels were literally nauseating. Poor Lemondropkid had his fingers in his ears the whole time we were there. I fixated on a lovely dancer who gave me a big smile every time the carousel turned around, earning  her a 100b note in her bra upon our departure - another big smile. Yessongs did depart after this venue - it was closing time anyway - and I suggested checking out the Soi 7 beer bars for a nightcap, somewhere we could chat as I was worn out by loud, crappy music by this time; Boydeste mentioned that they would close soon too so we ended up in one of the Hillary bars on the other side of the street and had a late night pizza, leaving the establishment around 0300.

The next day my longtime driver showed up early as usual and Boydeste and I were on our way to Pattaya by 11:30 and I never did see the others again - thanks again for an entertaining evening. 

Great write up Gord, please hit that girl at Mandarin in a future visit, would love to hear more about her. She was very nicely "proportioned"  Well done. Yeah prices are up for everything...at the end of the day ( at least for me) who cares? You know with in reason of course. Never thought I would spend 3k on LD's and such for a girl and not take her for a "little cardio" after.....have fun while we can. Off to Hua Hin tomorrow. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Yes, it was a pleasure meeting up with the guys and doing the rounds - I'd only spent one night in BKK on the way into the country in early December and was too sick to do much so it was nice to get out and about. As mentioned we all stayed in the Dynasty Grande, which has been my go-to hotel in BKK for years now  - I love the place, the rooms are spacious, clean and well-equipped and the staff friendly and helpful. It's great to see it back in business again. 

Thanks to Mike for shouting us all dinner in Hooters, against our strenuous objections - he's a generous guy. Off to Thermae for the first time in many years for me and I was pleasantly surprised to see it's no longer smoky and dim; there was a good selection of girls hanging around and thankfully few wearing those wretched masks. There were lots in there that I'd definitely take, although admittedly my standards are somewhat below Yessongs' and Boydeste's, and I received a fair few smiles on our rounds. I don't think I'd care to hang around there for long, better for a quick perusal and grab if you can find a deal that's attractive to both parties. I think I'll drop in for another look when I get back there on my own again.

Off to Soi Cowboy via the aerial route across Asoke and we decided to take turns deciding which go-go to check out, Long Gun being the first. From here we poked our nose in a smaller venue but nothing was happening so I chose Spice Girls, which is a nicely decorated but as it turned out, hideously expensive venue which set a record for the most expensive Sangsom & soda that I have ever had - lady drinks were listed for 280b, FFS:

rsz_spice_girls.jpg

On to Crazy House, aptly named - can't add anything to the account, other than being the only place where  the doorman objected to Yessongs' camera; luckily Lemondropkid did a great job of persuading the guy that we weren't tourists and knew the score and the camera would remain dormant. We poked our noses in Baccara after this but there weren't enough girls to warrant a visit so it was decided to head back to Nana. I mentioned the MRT underpass as the best way to get across Asoke, surprisingly Boydeste had never gone this route before and was pleased with the ease and speed of the crossing - hang on to the escalators, they really fly on this route! We dropped into Thermae again for a quick drink and perusal, were a few more girls but not really that busy on a Sunday night, I guess - lots of them probably have to work normal jobs the next day, 555! Then it was off to Nana, Lemondropkid and I taking the pedestrian overpass at Soi 7 and Yessongs and Boydeste missing our departure up the stairs and carrying on to the pedestrian light at Nana - and we both arrived there at exactly the same time, some odds in that,  I think! 

Mandarin was good, and the girl I bought a lady drink for was indeed rather fetching - may have to go and check her out again, may even be worth a barfine on my final days of  this trip. We poked our noses in Butterflies but there weren't many girls; Yessongs was beginning to fade but we pressured him into one more venue, Billboards across the way which was heaving - the only table we could find for four was right under one of the bloody speakers and the noise and bass levels were literally nauseating. Poor Lemondropkid had his fingers in his ears the whole time we were there. I fixated on a lovely dancer who gave me a big smile every time the carousel turned around, earning  her a 100b note in her bra upon our departure - another big smile. Yessongs did depart after this venue - it was closing time anyway - and I suggested checking out the Soi 7 beer bars for a nightcap, somewhere we could chat as I was worn out by loud, crappy music by this time; Boydeste mentioned that they would close soon too so we ended up in one of the Hillary bars on the other side of the street and had a late night pizza, leaving the establishment around 0300.

The next day my longtime driver showed up early as usual and Boydeste and I were on our way to Pattaya by 11:30 and I never did see the others again - thanks again for an entertaining evening. 

I have used the Asoke Station crossover (also has a connection into Terminal 21) and the Nana Station (beats the pissed stained pedestrian one nearby) crossover extensively for years. 

Crossing Asoke can be death defying act.

3 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

I believe a big key (at least for me) when staying in BKK is learning and using the BTS & MRT systems. And stay in a place that is very close to a station.

I don't think I could handle the place anymore without having that easily accessible.

Can save a boatload of time, sweat and money.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1