What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 minute ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

It is a 300 baht cheaper than Mont Clair. I wonder if we are now beginning to see wines coming through with Tax Reductions .....

It was the cheapest bottle available in friendship at the time by some way. The late striderman put me onto it when the gf wanted some and I asked for his advice...!

• Great Info 1

6 minutes ago, Painter said:

It was the cheapest bottle available in friendship at the time by some way. The late striderman put me onto it when the gf wanted some and I asked for his advice...!

Hahahaha .. we are already planning our next trip to Ubon next week ... !!!!!!

Perhaps there will be an unfortunate reaction to my Fantasy Team selection though if I start on it too soon tomorrow !!!

• Haha 1

A day of coincidences today:

I bought a holiday shack a couple of years ago and it is a bit dark inside. This week I bought a sliding window to put in it and at somestage I needed to organise someone to install it. Sitting in the bowls club and a carpenter turned up to drop some business cards off. I said can you install sliding windows and he said yes and could do it now. One hour later job is done.

Shed 1.jpgShed 2.jpg

I haven't been close to my sister for over 30 years and know little about her life except she has 2 kids and an ex partner. Anyway at the bowls club also yesterday were a group of concretors from the Sunshine Coast up here doing a job and were having a few beers before heading home. They were a good bunch of guys. When they were leaving I said going home and the boss said he was heading to his local pub. This pub is where my old man drinks at. I asked him did he know him and he said that the old man is his father-in-law. I didn't understand at first what he meant until it clicked that this guy was my sister's ex bloke. I didn't know him so had no idea who I was talking for an hour or so beforehand.

Edited by thegrogmonster
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Surprised 6

1 hour ago, Zambo said:

This clip just appeared on my news feed. Doesn't look too high hopefully everyone is ok.

link:https://www.foxnews.com/video/6346288602112

12 guests injured as 2nd-floor balcony of Chiang Mai resort collapses

"The balcony suddenly collapsed onto the ground below. Two of them were severely injured – one suffered a broken right leg and the other had a head injury. The severely injured were admitted to Klai Mor Hospital.

Ten others suffered minor injuries and were discharged after received treatment at the Hang Dong Hospital."

• Sad 2

I have just transferred yesterday's box wine into bottles. Last night we drank 3 litres (mainly Red Velvet) - the bloke cutting the mango trees had a couple of glasses too!!!

M'Lady ended up leaving patches of red vomit around the house before collapsing on the bed in the spare room and trying to hold it down to prevent it from spinning ...

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Haha 5

20240210_155303.jpg

Just come back from the shops. Just part of the cheese range in a singapore supermarket is shown here.

When i first travelled overseas for work i was based in Africa. We used to freeze bacon and cheese a couple of days before flying back, wrap in newspaper and then pack in our checked baggage. For the last 20 years in asia the cheese selection has been gradually improving and most countries have selections nearly as good as back home.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/8/2024 at 5:01 PM, coxyhog said:

Mum going into the care home tomorrow afternoon.

For me today has been far too stressful for a 70yo.

So I'm going for some stress relief at the pub.

Getting her there was far more stressful,mega tantrums but she's there now.

Once she'd been in there for a couple of hours she calmed down,so I went for more stress relief.

It helps that my local-& the best pub for miles-is about 50 yards from the care home.

• Thumbs Up 5

16 hours ago, boydeste said:

Love coincidences like this.

Last week in a pool comp I was playing a guy new to Thailand, he asked where I was from, I told him the City and he said so am I, I told him the little village where I was born and f**k me if he didn't say that was where he was currently living and he was born in the next village. 

He is 5 years younger than me, went to the same school and everything, but I never new him or his family name.

I got on a plane in Hobart and sat next to a woman and her little son. We got chatting and she said she was from Cork.
l said your accent doesn’t sound Irish and she said she was originally from Cumbria, to which I said my sister lives there.
She asked me which town and I said Grange, she said that’s where I’m from. She asked me my sisters name and I only gave her the first name, she then said “not Pauline ******** , I said yes, that’s her. 
She then proceeded to tell me that she and her son had stayed at my sisters house the night before flying to Hobart to see her mother, as they had been friends for many years before moving to Cork. 

• Thumbs Up 4

On 2/9/2024 at 1:20 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

Believe it or not I did wear a greatcoat whilst "guarding" the Tower of London in 1975 !!!

So many years and so many memories ago ..

My brother and I had our dad’s army greatcoat on our bed as a duvet back in the very early 50’s. Needs must in those days of cold nights and freezing mornings and no central heating.🥶

Have you ever got your leg stuck down the arm of a duvet, you haven’t lived until you have. 🤣

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have just transferred yesterday's box wine into bottles. Last night we drank 3 litres (mainly Red Velvet) - the bloke cutting the mango trees had a couple of glasses too!!!

M'Lady ended up leaving patches of red vomit around the house before collapsing on the bed in the spare room and trying to hold it down to prevent it from spinning ...

Vino Collapso. Every year is a good year. 🤣

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have just transferred yesterday's box wine into bottles.

What is the purpose of this?

I would think the wine will last longer in the boxes, with them being air tight if that's the reason!

19 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Purely to make it easier to monitor how much I'm drinking ..

ok cool,

Not to teach you to suck eggs, but bear in mind that cheap wines go off very quickly once they come in contact with air.