What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Looks like great hash trail area. Something I enjoy doing is scouting new trail areas. I use Google Earth to armchair recce the area of interest. Then use its path tool to map out the trail I want to walk. Download that to my GPS and I'm good to go.

If I have the correct area identified based on your picture, the screenshot below is the Google Earth imagery of the same area. Looks like there are two good trails that branch off and head up to the saddle. The left trail looks like it comes within 50m of the rocks, with another smaller trail that will get you there.

Be interesting to compare my armchair recce to what you actually walk.

image.jpeg

Ah cool,yes correct 2 trails that lead from main path up towards the mast,both old mb trails,unfortunately I took the left trail first,realising I was getting lower I back tracked to the other trail,spent around 2 hours altogether and could not find a way to the rocks.

Came out in an open area just near the temple then ended back on road ,so headed for hin lek fai,flew the drone and it looks like easier to get to from south of the temple.

But it's actually lower than the rocky outcrop in front of the mast area.

On way up.

20240222_083301.jpg

A quick good morning to these nice looking girls.

20240222_083448.jpg

the open area to the right of temple,note temple roof left side.

20240222_092509.jpg

20240222_082807.jpg

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

6 hours ago, Trip said:

You've done well keeping your demons in check. Perhaps time to consider a trip to Pattaya.

It's not like staying there is Blighty is doing much for you and you're not alone, just google Youtube and Steady Eddie.

I doubt there is much you can do in the UK that you cannot do in Pattaya and there is much more on offer in Pattaya than the UK.

I don’t really think Pattaya would be good for me. Especially with my mental health and addiction issues, I’d probably end up drinking again. Especially now I have so much money from my sister.

I’m just waiting for the weather to improve and get a bike. Being out riding is good for me. It really helps me a lot in not being tempted to self destruct.

I really love Pattaya, had so many good times there and met so many great people. But at this point in my life I don’t think it’s going to be good for me.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

7 hours ago, Trip said:

You've done well keeping your demons in check. Perhaps time to consider a trip to Pattaya.

It's not like staying there is Blighty is doing much for you and you're not alone, just google Youtube and Steady Eddie.

I doubt there is much you can do in the UK that you cannot do in Pattaya and there is much more on offer in Pattaya than the UK.

I don't think he's much of role model ... he started drinking as soon as he arrived back in Patts 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I don't think he's much of role model ... he started drinking as soon as he arrived back in Patts 

I think eddie now has his eye on Cambodia.

Word is that Steady has been offered shares in a bar on Street 136 in PP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

I don’t really think Pattaya would be good for me. Especially with my mental health and addiction issues, I’d probably end up drinking again. Especially now I have so much money from my sister.

I’m just waiting for the weather to improve and get a bike. Being out riding is good for me. It really helps me a lot in not being tempted to self destruct.

I really love Pattaya, had so many good times there and met so many great people. But at this point in my life I don’t think it’s going to be good for me.

Take your time mate, its early days. Staying around your home area and getting support from your councillors will help. 

Weather wise, you have time on your side, it is only going to improve,  although slowly through to the summer, then you will have many wonderful days riding that beautiful green bike.

Green I said, not green and blue. Lol.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Take your time mate, its early days. Staying around your home area and getting support from your councillors will help. 

Weather wise, you have time on your side, it is only going to improve,  although slowly through to the summer, then you will have many wonderful days riding that beautiful green bike.

Green I said, not green and blue. Lol.

I don’t know, the green and blue has my eye.😀

Going to make some breakfast then head to the gym. Got some crumpets so will have a couple of them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

8 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Pondering whether I should try get to this rock above the condo buildings,looks are deceiving but looking from balcony doesnt look to far,not even sure there's a trail,been up to mast area on the right which is the other side of hin lek fai and Higher with good but obscured views over hua hin,the rock looks a better option.

20240222_075220.jpg

Not sure but that looks like Horizon on the right and Condo 88 on the left. If it is then both of my former Hua Hin residences are in view. 

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Not sure but that looks like Horizon on the right and Condo 88 on the left. If it is then both of my former Hua Hin residences are in view. 

Correct about 88 condo ,not sure about horizon unless nestled amongst those houses somewhere.

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

34 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Correct about 88 condo ,not sure about horizon unless nestled amongst those houses somewhere.

Horison (Horizon) is to the right on Google Maps. The distinct building design of 88 Condo is what I used to orient the view in Google Earth to your picture.

image.jpeg

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Horizondave said:

That would be Horizon as Condo 88 was to the west of my house. There was quite a lot of noise when they built Condo 88. In fact I can see my old room on the top floor at the north end of the building looking east.

I used to love sitting on my balcony with a beer while watching the lights of Hua Hin and seeing flights coming up from Phuket. Krabi etc., on their way to Bangkok.

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Horison (Horizon) is to the right on Google Maps. The distinct building design of 88 Condo is what I used to orient the view in Google Earth to your picture.

image.jpeg

Great pic, I have highlighted my house below in Horizon with the blue dot, loved my time there. It was where my daughter grew up for her first 4 years.

Horizon Home.jpeg

It was quite funny sitting in my condo (just 1 year) watching my old house a short distance away. I would consider living there again if I returned.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 2/22/2024 at 8:02 AM, Phantom51red said:

Pondering whether I should try get to this rock above the condo buildings,looks are deceiving but looking from balcony doesnt look to far,not even sure there's a trail,been up to mast area on the right which is the other side of hin lek fai and Higher with good but obscured views over hua hin,the rock looks a better option.

20240222_075220.jpg

Good luck mate.

Mountain Goat Wallpapers - Wallpaper Cave

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phantom51red said:

That's a great pic,conserving energy for khao iko in petchaburi,it's a decent climb,to much foliage around that rock outcrop area,had a good wander tho,cheers.

I thought so as well. Found it by chance, but fabulous pic.

You ever encounter ticks when in the sticks ? Friggen hate the bastards.

Eating a pork samurai meal McDonald's cha am,was hoping for a veggie but no hab,can't complain 99bht meal,perfect till food carts tinight in pak nam pran.

Received delivery of Gillette 5 razor blades 249bht of lazada,4 of them,tried one absolutely gash ,threw them in the bin and used old blade which is still ok.

Only bought them as after buying a new imac air laptop battery i kept browsing, battery is OK, 2nd time in 10 years I've changed it so not bad,pain in ass to change tho.

Off to cha am beach for a wander.

2 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I thought so as well. Found it by chance, but fabulous pic.

No I know a few folks who have tho,horrible disease, knocks ye out of the game for a few weeks,now midgies there another horrid bunch o cretins that swarm the Scottish hills in summer.

10 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Eating a pork samurai meal McDonald's cha am,was hoping for a veggie but no hab,can't complain 99bht meal,perfect till food carts tinight in pak nam pran.

Received delivery of Gillette 5 razor blades 249bht of lazada,4 of them,tried one absolutely gash ,threw them in the bin and used old blade which is still ok.

Only bought them as after buying a new imac air laptop battery i kept browsing, battery is OK, 2nd time in 10 years I've changed it so not bad,pain in ass to change tho.

Nice quiet, long beach stretch there.

Cheers on Cha Am.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

I use the Mach3 blades and only buy from the official Gillette store on Lazada (link). Too easy to get shit quality fakes buying from other sellers, as you found out.

The other downside to trying to buy blades here is the pricing is all over the place. The package of 12 I bought for 599 on 26 Jan is now listed at 849. Wait a month or two and you'll catch it again at a discount. For that reason I make it a point to start looking a couple of months before I actually need to restock.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

43 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

37 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

No I know a few folks who have tho,horrible disease, knocks ye out of the game for a few weeks,now midgies there another horrid bunch o cretins that swarm the Scottish hills in summer.

I immediately thought of Lyme disease but after checking I discovered that it has never been found in Thailand ...

• Great Info 1

54 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

sons of bitches....    lol        

Packing ...

my last night in Samui , two weeks has flown by .... and I've not really done much  555   Only three nights out out .... five with a beer / wine with a meal ... and six days dry 😇  haven't spent much 555

Bangkok tomorrow ✈️

• Thumbs Up 6

4 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

As kids we used to get a tick once in a while, i think they came from the sheep in the nearby fields. My father used to burn them off with a cigar, in fact i think he used to be pleased to get an opportunity as he rarely had a cigar.

• Like 1