What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

8 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Once drove down to London from Dumfries Scotland. I was in a fcuking car with manual transmission, sitting on the right side shifting with my left hand. Pissed like cats and dogs the entire journey. Found the exit on whatever M it was by sheer luck. 

Dumfries! You must have tried the national dish of scotland

INGREDIENTS
1  Mars bars
1  cup plain flour
1⁄2 cup cornflour
1  pinch baking soda
 beer
 oil (for deep frying)

DIRECTIONS
Chill the chocolate bar by keeping it in the fridge, but don't freeze it.
Mix the flours and bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) together.
Add beer (which gives a lighter until you get a batter with the consistency of thin cream.
Heat the oil until a small piece of bread will brown in a few seconds, but don't allow to smoke.
Remove wrapper (optional) from chilled chocolate bar.
Coat completely in batter.
Carefully lower into hot oil and fry until golden brown.
Serve, with ice cream or french fries, if you're so inclined.

c9bdc717-6252-4a98-9dcb-40660a78ce96.webp

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Dumfries! You must have tried the national dish of scotland

INGREDIENTS
1  Mars bars
1  cup plain flour
1⁄2 cup cornflour
1  pinch baking soda
 beer
 oil (for deep frying)

DIRECTIONS
Chill the chocolate bar by keeping it in the fridge, but don't freeze it.
Mix the flours and bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) together.
Add beer (which gives a lighter until you get a batter with the consistency of thin cream.
Heat the oil until a small piece of bread will brown in a few seconds, but don't allow to smoke.
Remove wrapper (optional) from chilled chocolate bar.
Coat completely in batter.
Carefully lower into hot oil and fry until golden brown.
Serve, with ice cream or french fries, if you're so inclined.

c9bdc717-6252-4a98-9dcb-40660a78ce96.webp

1  cup plain flour
1⁄2 cup cornflour
1  pinch baking soda

Just use a tempura batter mix.

Flours with a high sugar content, potato starch, rice flour, tapioca flour, corn flour, give a crunchy batter rather than a chewy batter which a high gluten (wheat) flour gives.

beer

Or soda water. Either way the liquid should be as cold as possible. Prevents activating the gluten. More crunch, less chew.

Don't work the batter too hard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fygjam said:

1  cup plain flour
1⁄2 cup cornflour
1  pinch baking soda

Just use a tempura batter mix.

Flours with a high sugar content, potato starch, rice flour, tapioca flour, corn flour, give a crunchy batter rather than a chewy batter which a high gluten (wheat) flour gives.

beer

Or soda water. Either way the liquid should be as cold as possible. Prevents activating the gluten. More crunch, less chew.

Don't work the batter too hard.

Yours sounds much more healthy, perhaps Glasseye could hsve 2 as a treat

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Zambo said:

Yours sounds much more healthy, perhaps Glasseye could hsve 2 as a treat

The Japanese do tempura fried ice cream. Perhaps he could do one of each.

13 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Then a 30min wait for my mate to pick me up & straight into a snarl up on the M25...

Could you briefly give walking directions from Immigration/Baggage Hall to the pick up point for cars please?

EVA and National coaches were complete and utter bastards on my last trip so I might ask my son to pick me up ... and wizz along the M4 like you - but not as far..!!

3 minutes ago, fygjam said:

The Japanese do tempura fried ice cream. Perhaps he could do one of each.

The Japanese are very Scotisized, take their love of Scotch whisky for example. So no big surprise they adapt the national dish as their own. Their national football team goalies also seem rubbish as if by homage.

There the similarities end.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Could you briefly give walking directions from Immigration/Baggage Hall to the pick up point for cars please?

EVA and National coaches were complete and utter bastards on my last trip so I might ask my son to pick me up ... and wizz along the M4 like you - but not as far..!!

Who are you flying with/which terminal?

10 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Once drove down to London from Dumfries Scotland. I was in a fcuking car with manual transmission, sitting on the right side shifting with my left hand. Pissed like cats and dogs the entire journey. Found the exit on whatever M it was by sheer luck. 

I rented a car in Zurich when my missus came out to visit,chose a manual Nissan Micra because that's what she had in the UK.

Of course it was LHD & she couldn't change gear....I'd had a few pints so we ended up with her operating the clutch & me the shifter....great fun,in retrospect.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 4

Have you packed her arm bands for horse riding ..???

Big girl now, stage 3 at swimming school, can swim really well. No armbands, even on horses 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I remember posting on a different thread about how some lose weight in Thailand, but I put it on, even though apart from coffee cake, I don't really eat sweet stuff.

I put it down to the many crazy crisp flavours, I love crisps. I mean fried squid eggs ffs, it's hardly Tudor pickled onion 😆

I just bought a small box/tube of spicy garlic prawn pringles.

20240327_201153.jpg

20240327_201353.jpg

Edited by Krapow
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Haha 1

and home .... 37 1/2 hours door to door ... although that did include a night in London because it was too late to get a flight home 

and the Sun is out , blues skies 😎 hoping for a good Spring and Summer 🙏

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Zambo said:

The Japanese are very Scotisized, take their love of Scotch whisky for example. So no big surprise they adapt the national dish as their own. Their national football team goalies also seem rubbish as if by homage.

There the similarities end.

15+ years ago I always used to buy Japanese Whiskey when going through duty free ... the Yamazaki 12 was good but the 18 year old was my favourite and was about £60 a bottle ... but then you couldn't get hold of it and the prices went crazy ... just googled it now ,  the 12 year old is now £140 and 18 year old is for sale at £850 a bottle ... doubt if I'll ever get to taste it again ... 555

• Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

Ooooh f**k T2/T3 .....which one did you land at ..??

Finnair and EVA are neck and neck at the moment ...

I landed at T4,but if you Google it for your terminal you should be OK.

It's £7.50 fro 0-30mins in the short term car parks.

So long as you've got a credit card then can pay at the machine when exiting.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

Tried to pay my mum's care home bill online but the bank sent me one time passcodes which I'm not receiving.

Then something twigged - went into my iphone & sure enough the missus put her UK sim card into my phone....I knew I should've done it.

Getting a replacement but it means she won't be able to ring me once she's at LHR.I'm sure she'll be able to cadge a phone call from somebody.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Went to see my mum this afternoon,there's no way she can go home so now I have the task of raising the dosh for her £1500pw care home.

Sell her house & cash in her premium bonds & her investments....I'm gonna be busy.

• Sad 9

22 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Tried to pay my mum's care home bill online but the bank sent me one time passcodes which I'm not receiving.

Then something twigged - went into my iphone & sure enough the missus put her UK sim card into my phone....I knew I should've done it.

Getting a replacement but it means she won't be able to ring me once she's at LHR.I'm sure she'll be able to cadge a phone call from somebody.

If she's got a Thai sim , it will pick up the U.K. network, with dtac you get free data roaming in U.K. for 24 hours, as assume other Thai phone companies offer similar 🤷‍♂️... just make sure she has your full U.K. number + 44 etc in her phone 

• Thumbs Up 2