What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Knocking off some of the "jobs" that mum has put on her list of things for me to do during my absence....

Changed the battery in a mantlepiece clock, got the garden hose out of the garage, booked an mot for her car, moved a small plant pot, rolled up a winter rug.....

• Thumbs Up 5

59 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Went to see my mum this afternoon,there's no way she can go home so now I have the task of raising the dosh for her £1500pw care home.

Sell her house & cash in her premium bonds & her investments....I'm gonna be busy.

A very sad stage to reach. Many of us will have been there, and will empathise with what you are going through.

I just hope you have the Powers of Attorney in place.

• Thumbs Up 5

4 hours ago, coxyhog said:

I rented a car in Zurich when my missus came out to visit,chose a manual Nissan Micra because that's what she had in the UK.

Of course it was LHD & she couldn't change gear....I'd had a few pints so we ended up with her operating the clutch & me the shifter....great fun,in retrospect.

Now that is a funny one. Would have loved to have seen some video on that one mate !

lol

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Opening mail and making lists of things I need to do .. 555

The first thing I did last night when I got home after 6 weeks away was make a list of what I have to do.

Up at 0630 today-must be jet lagged-in Sainsburys at 7,groceries & 12 bottles of red,did a shedload of washing(or the machine did),sorted out a shedload of mail,ordered another 12 bottles of wine from Sainsburys online,went to see my mum in the care home just up the road & I'm just about to meet a mate in my local for my first real ale since leaving.

I also ran both our cars & checked the tyres on them & drove over to mum's house to check it out.

I need another fucking holiday!

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

The first thing I did last night when I got home after 6 weeks away was make a list of what I have to do.

Up at 0630 today-must be jet lagged-in Sainsburys at 7,groceries & 12 bottles of red,did a shedload of washing(or the machine did),sorted out a shedload of mail,ordered another 12 bottles of wine from Sainsburys online,went to see my mum in the care home just up the road & I'm just about to meet a mate in my local for my first real ale since leaving.

I also ran both our cars & checked the tyres on them & drove over to mum's house to check it out.

I need another fucking holiday!

lol

Not having a car has added years to my life.

Had to walk down Soi Bucky today. I don't think I have ever said so many curse words within twenty minutes in my life (and that is difficult to match, lol).

What a friggen cesspool.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Zambo said:

Dumfries! You must have tried the national dish of scotland

INGREDIENTS
1  Mars bars
1  cup plain flour
1⁄2 cup cornflour
1  pinch baking soda
 beer
 oil (for deep frying)

DIRECTIONS
Chill the chocolate bar by keeping it in the fridge, but don't freeze it.
Mix the flours and bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) together.
Add beer (which gives a lighter until you get a batter with the consistency of thin cream.
Heat the oil until a small piece of bread will brown in a few seconds, but don't allow to smoke.
Remove wrapper (optional) from chilled chocolate bar.
Coat completely in batter.
Carefully lower into hot oil and fry until golden brown.
Serve, with ice cream or french fries, if you're so inclined.

c9bdc717-6252-4a98-9dcb-40660a78ce96.webp

No, I missed out on that one mate.   LOL

Looks like a breaded fried turd.

I did down a lot of lovely pints at a local pub though. Will never forget that.

Came out of the the pub drunk as a skunk. The tide was up and if freaked me out. It was friggen wonderful. Went to Irving that same trip. Just fcuking wonderful.

5 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Just been to Morrisons to buy 3 bottles of 19 Crimes Red for £18, not a bad deal.

I bought 24 bottles,18 red 6 white from Sainsburys in the last 2 days....25% off ain't to be ignored!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Just got home after meeting my mate Tom who I worked with at my last job.

Not seen him for a while so we met up in Bracknell at Wagamama, was nice to catch up, seems the workplace has really gone downhill.

• Thumbs Up 3

Having coffee, breakfast soon. This afternoon wifey is going out for " girls afternoon out" They will eat everything they shouldn't LOL! 

I am going to the Car Show at Impact Arena, will take the new "Monorail" system they have here that opened last Nov in Minburi called "The Pink Line" does not quite yet go all the way to Impact..one of the last stops has a shuttle that takes you over there. 

I hope all is well, the Yellow Line yesterday was stopped, parts of the railing/concrete etc fell on to the street, people were let off in the middle of the railway and had to walk to the nearest station. I love Thailand. 

I am hoping the "Triumph" girl is there, I kind of felt like last time I saw her, we had a connection :default_blum:

IMG_8896.jpg

IMG_8897.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3