Thai SIM cards

Nightcrawler

On 1/4/2024 at 7:22 AM, Glasseye said:

Funny you should mention the above. As I just today am looking at switching phone service here. I am getting sick of TrueH sending me 4 or 5 text messages every day.

Switch them off by calling *137 then 9 for English and follow the instructions.

https://www.nationthailand.com/your_say/30327875

Or go into a True shop and they'll do it for you.

Edited by KWA

22 hours ago, KWA said:

Switch them off by calling *137 then 9 for English and follow the instructions.

https://www.nationthailand.com/your_say/30327875

Or go into a True shop and they'll do it for you.

Or just block the sending the number. I've found they usually send from the same number, so that all but eliminates the SPAM texts.

I also am quite liberal at blocking any calls or texts that come from numbers I don't recognize.

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Or just block the sending the number. I've found they usually send from the same number, so that all but eliminates the SPAM texts.

I also am quite liberal at blocking any calls or texts that come from numbers I don't recognize.

Another good point. I am having difficulty on figuring out how to block text messages in general (other than what KWA advised above). On Android phone.

• 5 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, thunder367 said:

im due out in 2 weeks people keep saying get a tourist sim from 7/11 are they what they say or better off going and see what dtac and ais deals are about im im in town for 5 weeks.

After you've passed through immigration, in the baggage claim hall there are stalls where the mobile providers sell sim card packages.  Depending on how long it takes you to get through immigration, go and talk to them whilst you're waiting for your bag to arrive. The dtac people have been very helpful to me in the past. They can only do tourist (short term) packages, I think